• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thanks. Maybe some good news for you guys to the east. I am back over to all snow for now under these heavy returns. The dump has returned.

Yeah I’m hoping that the heavies keep things snow and then it all goes to sleet behind that

• Like 3

Just now, osfan24 said:

Surprised those of you reporting a change to sleet aren't being scolded by snowman. You should make up that you are currently getting 3 inch per hour rates with 40 mph winds. Stop being so negative.

Is that how you see it?

Damn, i need 2 more inches for 30" on the year. Not looking likely at this point as the changeover is happening. Time to go to the long range thread again...

Anyone know what DCA has? At this point, the goal of DC region should be to try to stay #1 in the snowiest East Coast big city competition.  Will be hard to stay ahead of Boston as we head into March, but perhaps NYC and Philly remain beatable 

Just now, osfan24 said:

Surprised those of you reporting a change to sleet aren't being scolded by snowman. You should make up that you are currently getting 3 inch per hour rates with 40 mph winds. Stop being so negative.

It was challenging posting an obs from Old Town when I lived there. It was almost always "negative." But I couldn't help it.

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Ping ping ping against the window.  I love a good sleet storm.

Hmmm.  Still snow here.  Must be getting close.  

Just now, LeesburgWx said:

Damn, i need 2 more inches for 30" on the year. Not looking likely at this point as the changeover is happening. Time to go to the long range thread again...

You could get 2" of sleet today

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Just enjoy the moment. Checking the HRRR every 30 minutes is exhaustive.

• Like 1

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Oh man. I am getting absolutely mauled right now! Please let this snow hang on for another hour or two!

Yup hoping this keeps up,  love it!

• Like 1

Clarksburg, MD  +SNOW   No sleet here.  we have well passed 5" already.   I will post the actual actual measurement later.  

As precip picks up, more snow gets mixed in. So when the heavier returns hit, maybe we get back into good snow a bit longer. I would say it is now 65% sleet/45% snow. Accumulations are not really happening.

edit: - MY MATH is awesome! Getting 110% precipitation here! LOL!

Moderate snow here, a coating,  but picking up. 

Secondary roads snow covered. Heavier bands to my West. 

7 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

you guys are hearing pinging? its been dumping ice here for like 30+ minutes. i actually enjoy sleet a lot. not sure ive ever seen sleet fall this much

Then you must be young or new to the area. We got 4 inches of sleet on top of 13 inches of snow during PD II. Woodbridge does sleet very well. 

• Like 1