Total Members
    Most Online
    chrislittlenews
    Newest Member
    chrislittlenews

2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

4 minutes ago, leesburg 04 said:

These are the stat padding hours until any slop comes. Add that sh*t up now

Every meso has 6-8 hours or snow before the change over.. that's up here in Baltimore.. I would think maybe 4 more hours for you. Enough to lay down 4-6 imho

3 minutes ago, Scraff said:

So close now. Guess I could have slept in another 2 hours. Ah well. I’ll take a nap this afternoon when we flip to pingers. 

Couple flakes now

The snow picked up fast in Gaithersburg.  Pouring flakes.  Small-medium size but there are a lot of them.  Roads/sidewalks covered. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

0.5" for the 7:00 a.m. Cocorahs report.  Heavy snow now with 1/4 mile visibility.  Back down to 28 degrees.

Letting my snow snow melt now for my report... .5" as well here.   If that slug of moisture to the west can stay south enough mid/late morning could be impressive across EWV/NMD.

SN 28/25

• Like 2

Absolutely pouring snow in Haymarket.  A surprisingly fluffy quality to the snow.  Adding up very quickly at the moment, sitting at 2.5 inches @7 am.

7 minutes ago, GATECH said:

You northern folks whining about no snow yet...you are going to get double what we lowlanders get down south....stop the whining, you will soon be winning as we get sleet and rain first

You have double what I do this year- so **** off.

• Haha 1

Based on orientation of the bands and the trajectory of the stuff that needs to come in over the top from the west, you can already see where heavier totals will be located from Rte 50 and north.

Flakes started about 645 here.  Quickly dropped to less than 3/4 mi vis and have a nice coating on the grass already.  Little lighter now but still coming down pretty good.  - Hanover, MD

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

You have double what I do this year- so **** off.

So far, maybe...but 99 times out of 100 you  will always have more.  By the end of this year you will probably have double my total!  Enjoying my heavy snow right now.

• Like 1