Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    15,393
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    NW_of_GYX
    Newest Member
    NW_of_GYX
    Joined
nj2va

2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

Gfs thru 18z38ac7e30b0c033a69a464aa595f56e31.jpg

After double checking all the differential equations on the gfs through hr18 I've comfirmed that the 0z run is dead balls accurate. 

  • Haha 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AACOUNTYMD said:

32/21.  

I sense some tension.    Schools are closed.  We are nearing the end of Feb.    I count this as a win. No matter what happens.  I live in MD after all. 

No tension. All good. This is all very normal for in here. Lol. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bob Chill said:

After double checking all the differential equations on the gfs through hr18 I've comfirmed that the 0z run is dead balls accurate. 

As long as you double checked it with the federal department of weights and measures, I'm satisfied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

Augusta County       32/21      Heavy virga according to WHSV radar

image.thumb.png.61f882b9b54699505866df2748a1c6bb.png

I'm about 50 miles SSW of you, first flakes are drifting down after about an hour of 20-30 dbz overhead. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

After double checking all the differential equations on the gfs through hr18 I've comfirmed that the 0z run is dead balls accurate. 

Interesting.  A My Cousin Vinny reference. Marisa Tomei deserves that Oscar.  Don’t care what the critics said.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snow picking up in intensity here in ROA. Mod-heavy dbz’s inbound from Blacksburg and points west. Hoping to overcome borderline temps here. 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Toppper on Channel 9 DC now just going with 1 to 3 in DC Metro and Baltimore, with 3 to 5 north and west. He cites “sleet” as reason he’s lowering totals..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, real said:

Toppper on Channel 9 DC now just going with 1 to 3 in DC Metro and Baltimore, with 3 to 5 north and west. He cites “sleet” as reason he’s lowering totals..

He’s a tool even if he is dead on.  Interesting there is still some uncertainty.  I like the chaos.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nj2va said:

00Z HRDPS is a beatdown.  It has snow reaching DC between 5-6a.  Sleet line still SW of the city through 18z.  0.75” has fallen in DC by then.  Lol 

Screw the GFS. HRDPS ftmfw!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually think last-minute  forecast semantics in a storm like this a bit ridiculous. Fact is most nornal people really don’t differentiate between 2 and up to 5. Less than 2 they would consider a bust. More than 5 they would consider surprising but not end of world considering it will be raining by late afternon. More than 8 would start to be viewed as upward bust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nj2va said:

00Z HRDPS is a beatdown.  It has snow reaching DC between 5-6a.  Sleet line still SW of the city through 18z.  0.75” has fallen in DC by then.  Lol 

I was up super early today and posted about today’s 6z HRDPS beat down. Been consistent all day too. Aside from my entire family and beer fridge, it’s my next most favorite thing to hug. :hug:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Screw the GFS. HRDPS ftmfw!

It will either plant its flag as a reliable meso model and help “Make Canada Great Again” or it’ll be a reminder that the only good thing Canada is known for is to supply fresh highs for our blockbuster/CAD storms.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

00Z HRDPS is a beatdown.  It has snow reaching DC between 5-6a.  Sleet line still SW of the city through 18z.  0.75” has fallen in DC by then.  Lol 

It's even better than 18z lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

31/20 here SW of Warrenton. Radar starting to juice up just SW and S..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It will either plant its flag as a reliable meso model and help “Make Canada Great Again” or it’ll be a reminder that the only good thing Canada is known for is to supply fresh highs for our blockbuster/CAD storms.

Canada hasn’t had a big win since Mike Weir at the masters. They are due!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, clskinsfan said:

GFS, Herpaderp and 3K are all close to ten inches in my hood. It looks pretty. But not a chance of it happening.

Dude u are going to get shellacked. I’m rooting for you to get a foot. Then there will be enough juice to get 6+ down my way. Stay positive!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

GFS, Herpaderp and 3K are all close to ten inches in my hood. It looks pretty. But not a chance of it happening.

No I think you are mistaken. You will get shellacked. Channeling Jebman.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

Lord Jesus, 16hrs is a beatdown

If our high pressure can do some work and the bands get a solid west to easy orientation at our latitude PWC can get shellacked. Channel your inner JEBMAN!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

If our high pressure can do some work and the bands get a solid west to easy orientation at our latitude PWC can get shellacked. Channel your inner JEBMAN!

I’ve been trying to this whole tracking session. My (weenie) heart says 5+, my brain says anything over 3 is a gift

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Dude u are going to get shellacked. I’m rooting for you to get a foot. Then there will be enough juice to get 6+ down my way. Stay positive!

Yup.  I envision you getting a solid six inches.  You will get pounded hard.  

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×