• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

About 4" here in Edgewood....it's been snowing moderate to heavy since about 9:00 a.m.  Just went on a 2 mile walk and it was beautiful.  Few thing better in life than that.  The snow rate has come down a bit over the past 1/2 hour and I would assume the transition to sleet is knocking on my door.  Here's hoping for a colder than normal March and a few more chances of snow. 

Just now, BristowWx said:

I think we are about done.  Above freezing now at 33.  Unless we get some good rates  not bad I guess.  I still want one more good snow at 25F before we call it a winter.  

im hanging around 30-31 but rising. little more sleet. twas a fun event to track and first time waking up early for a storm. maybe we get some ZR later. totally agree on one more good storm, if we can get another one like this or just a 3+ incher i'd give this winter a B+. sitting at a B as of today

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That it?  Around 4”. It was awesome for a couple hours under that band.  Didn’t expect it to fall apart so fast up here though. Thought we would be in heavy precip until 3-4pm. Oh well. Not bad. 

And I was getting pixie dust interleaved with dry notches the whole time until recently. Best snow of the day the past hour or so here. Still going to under perform per forecasts(not my expectations).

5.0 total for me in the Milestone area of Germantown.  Puts me at 26.5 for the winter which is incredible given the overall pattern.

Radar looks like the precip is over, and I am fine with that.  I did not want a bunch of freezing rain.  It would be great if the rain stays away tonight.

Edit to add that my parents in northern Calvert (4 miles south of Dunkirk) report only about an inch with light sleet falling.  That's why I am N/W of the city!

• Like 1

Just now, DCTeacherman said:

Why not? It’s better than changing over to pouring rain. 

Some of us north of Baltimore weren’t going to change over for a while yet so the dryslot killed a few hours of snow/sleet potential up here. If I was down there I would be thrilled with a dryslot about now. So it’s a matter of perspective based on location. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That it?  Around 4”. It was awesome for a couple hours under that band.  Didn’t expect it to fall apart so fast up here though. Thought we would be in heavy precip until 3-4pm. Oh well. Not bad. 

Doesn't seem like 1 inch of precip is going to happen. Unless something changes, models will bust badly on precip.

11 minutes ago, Danajames said:

About 4" here in Edgewood....it's been snowing moderate to heavy since about 9:00 a.m.  Just went on a 2 mile walk and it was beautiful.  Few thing better in life than that.  The snow rate has come down a bit over the past 1/2 hour and I would assume the transition to sleet is knocking on my door.  Here's hoping for a colder than normal March and a few more chances of snow. 

No sleet, just dry slot.