Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

1 minute ago, Deer Whisperer said:

i somehow have 2". thought i'd have at least 3. ive been clearing off a large spot on the porch, maybe thats not the way to go

I've compacted down to 2.6 with the sleet and frz rain the past hour. So you are really not far off. Compaction has begun. Heavier returns to our West may be interesting. Hopefully it cools the column. 

9 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Question is whether the heavies coming out of WVA beat back the mixing like some models showed yesterday or usher it in. I think and hope it beats it back and then once it passes we flip.

Yellows popping a little to our west. Looks like we can get heavy(er) shortly. Fingers crossed. Love to get to 5”. 

Eta: before el flipo arrives

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Thanks. Maybe some good news for you guys to the east. I am back over to all snow for now under these heavy returns. The dump has returned.

Yeah I’m hoping that the heavies keep things snow and then it all goes to sleet behind that

• Like 3

Anyone know what DCA has? At this point, the goal of DC region should be to try to stay #1 in the snowiest East Coast big city competition.  Will be hard to stay ahead of Boston as we head into March, but perhaps NYC and Philly remain beatable 

Just now, osfan24 said:

Surprised those of you reporting a change to sleet aren't being scolded by snowman. You should make up that you are currently getting 3 inch per hour rates with 40 mph winds. Stop being so negative.

It was challenging posting an obs from Old Town when I lived there. It was almost always "negative." But I couldn't help it.