• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

Pretty classic on the SPC site. Lead band now NE of DC is the good H7-H5 fronto give or take. Right on the 850-700 warm front trying to move in. Thumpity.

I was following that forecasted fronto last several days and basing my forecasted snow off of it. Models were somewhat jumpy on the timing and orientation, but settled in yesterday. Good to hear from you. From one Scott to another!! I’m enjoying watching all these posts from sunny, chilly Midland.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jayyy said:

Seeing as precip is traveling west to east, you’ll be looking for a north movement and never find it lmao  

I think some of you will never transition to sleet. You'll just stay snow and pile up, and pile up, and keep right on piling it up. Then, you can go outside and pile it up even more with your shovels lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Behind the fronto precip is showery, so flakes may be more rimed or even some IP. Will see what the next round of lift does, but warmer air aloft also trying to work in. 

I was a little surprised when it lightened up that I didnt flip to sleet out here. That is good news for us that the upper levels are still holding on. Good to see you in our subforum by the way.