Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

Just now, supernovasky said:

And oh my god. Do NOT try to drive in this stuff. Got about 2" in Germantown right now but the snow is SUPER slick and slippery. The roads... people kept saying they'd be fine and would stay above 32. Yeah, that's NOT the case in Germantown right now. The roads are littered with cars with their flashers on just sitting there.

Agree.  Where I'm at (Chevy Chase/Silver Spring area), even main roads are covered and treacherous.  East-West Hwy, Conn Ave, etc.  I had to drive in it briefly earlier this morning when it just started getting bad.  People need to realize you just have to keep driving slowly and steadily (lower gear), and *not* just stop out of the blue.

7 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

5.1 inches. Picked up 1.6 in the past hour. Still dumping but not like it was. Visibility about 300 yards. 

Heavy snow 27 degrees

We lost the good rates about 1/2 hour ago.  Man, that was fun during, though.  Been a long time since I have seen snow like that imby.   Was surprised how well it stuck.  When I left for work the same depth of snow was on the road.

Wife just reported 4.5" back home.

• Like 3