Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

4 minutes ago, mattie g said:

If I mistook your post, then my apologies. It’s easy to get bogged down by the debs in our own sub forum, so it seems I conflated your comments with theirs.

It's all good. Maybe it's because I'm from hated New England :lol:    We have interests down here, so I care about getting it right, not about who has snow and who does not,

Just did a fun measurement with the kitchen scale - put out a large plate and measured 52 grams in 15 minutes. Dividing by the area of the plate gives a mass change of 0.34 g/hr/cm^2 which is 3.4 mm/hr, close to what some of the mesos were predicting in the narrow bands. Fun stuff. 

eta: Just measured 2" on the ground here in Wheaton. Pretty impressive consdiering first flakes were a little more than a hour ago. My bar of 3" looks like it will easily be met.

• Like 10

to all of my fellow snow weenies in Towson  Whitemarsh and Parkville, hang in there! Snow is coming. I know you guys are prob shitting bricks up there without any precip yet. It’s coming! I do however fear they may only get 3-4” with the best lift being to their SW. Sadly, this comes with the territory. 1-2” per hour rates falling in MoCo HoCo means sinking air is happening somewhere as a result - in this case; E/NE/ sections of the CWA. 

Skinsfan jackpot. Called it the other day. You will absolutely hit 8-10”

• Like 1

Just now, GEOS5ftw said:

Just did a fun measurement with the kitchen scale - put out a large plate and measured 52 grams in 15 minutes. Dividing by the area of the plate gives a mass change of 0.34 g/hr/cm^2 which is 3.4 mm/hr, close to what some of the mesos were predicting in the narrow bands. Fun stuff. 

What did this guy just do? Still nothing in east Baltimore. This looks like NOVA storm 

• Haha 1