Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

6 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

StormTotalSnowWeb1.thumb.png.f0e855c35b4facea1dc8c95e1d8f59f5.png

kind of beating a dead horse at this point but what is nws doing? this makes 0 sense

Kind of like what they have showing for the DC/Balt corridor and central MD as it pretty much mirrors my thoughts over the last couple of days. (2-4) up 95 from DC to Balt. (3-6) north and west burbs. (4-8) around the PA line.

And as far as the discrepancies between the 50% and the high and low ends? I have to question if that may be because the 50% is generated by both human input and computer vs. the other two being generated solely by computer. Just a thought and could very well be wrong. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Kind of like what they have showing for the DC/Balt corridor and central MD as it pretty much mirrors my thoughts over the last couple of days. (2-4) up 95 from DC to Balt. (3-6) north and west burbs. (4-8) around the PA line.

And as far as the discrepancies between the 50% and the high and low ends? I have to question if that may be because the 50% is generated by both human input and computer vs. the other two being generated solely by computer. Just a thought and could very well be wrong. 

This is no longer the forecast showing on their site. 

4 minutes ago, Scraff said:

Ok I’m up I’m up. Coffee. Must. Have. Coffee. 

32/27

Been up most of the night myself. Our puppy (actually 6 years old but still our puppy) had surgery yesterday and did not take well to the Cone of Shame. Very uptight with it and I was afraid she would hurt herself. So stayed with her and she spent most of the night bugging me for sympathy. Needless to say if I got 2-3 hours of sleep I would be surprised. Have about a pot of coffee in me now in the last hour and it isn't really doing the trick.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Been up most of the night myself. Our puppy (actually 6 years old but still our puppy) had surgery yesterday and did not take well to the Cone of Shame. Very uptight with it and I was afraid she would hurt herself. So stayed with her and she spent most of the night bugging me for sympathy. Needless to say if I got 2-3 hours of sleep I would be surprised. Have about a pot of coffee in me now in the last hour and it isn't really doing the trick.

Ah ha, 1 pot per hour rates, I’m familiar with that.  

For myself, as a runner my tradition is always to go for a run right as the snow starts before it becomes impossible, so I’m heading out now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Time to switch to coffee stout. It's whats for breakfast!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1