Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

43 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

And still nada 55 miles south of you in the Waynesboro area...... dry dry air...

Once it starts in Augusta County, it should creep up to Luray within 90 minutes. Then the Beltway another hour after that.  

Im seeing MPING reports showing snow west of Staunton and near Greenville.  Anybody down there?

7 minutes ago, Chase said:

Once it starts in Augusta County, it should creep up to Luray within 90 minutes. Then the Beltway another hour after that.  

Im seeing MPING reports showing snow west of Staunton and near Greenville.  Anybody down there?

Looking on traffic cams it looks like the line is from Harrisonburg to C'ville right now and slowly moving NE.

Green 20-25 dbZ returns are now consolidating over PW County in VA. Should be snowing soon. Dale City is 32/23, humidity is in excess of 70 percent. In fact much of N VA is coming under the influence of STEADY 25 dbZ returns.

How much you wanna wager, that accumulating snows begin in Dale City by 430am EST?

<Jeb pushes a huge pile of blue/gray chips onto the blackjack table>

Hell, I'm all in!

(Blue/gray chips are 5K a chip, I know, I won one ONCE)

• Haha 1

LWX morning AFD as of 3:50am:

NEAR TERM /THROUGH TONIGHT/... WAA overrunning snow has begun across our southwest with snow now being reported as far north as Opal VA and Petersburg WV. Upstream reports across west central VA (Roanoke area) indicate a 4-hr period of heavy snow with an inch per hour snowfall rates with snow having transitioned to sleet and freezing drizzle in that area. Expect snow to continue to develop northeast later this morning with snow transitioning to fzra/pl after 12Z in the Charlottesville area and across northern VA and DC around midday and the rest of the CWA by 21Z as warm nose lifts northward. Then, freezing rain/rain in the late afternoon and early evening becoming all rain everywhere by midnight tonight. Expect generally 3-6 inches of snow in the warning area with higher snow totals of 6-8 across northern and western MD and significant icing across northwestern VA, eastern WV, and western MD roughly west of Rt 15 and north of Rt 33 in Harrisonburg.

4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Congrats!

Man I wish so bad that I could get on Rt 9 during the morning! THAT, is gonna be THE PLACE TO BE!

Still off-and-on light flakes here; full rippage has not yet commenced. Hoping we get a solid beatdown out here!

Now that we have Chill back, to ensure a proper forum-wide overperformance, I hereby invoke the power of the: 

Full Snow Moon - OFA

THE FEBRUARY “SUPER SNOW” MOON

February’s full Moon peaks on Tuesday morning, February 19 but will appear full the night before and after its peak to the casual stargazer. It will also be a so-called “supermoon,” which means the Moon is at its closest point in its orbit to Earth. In fact, the February’s full Moon is the nearest, largest, and brightest full Moon of the year! Technically, it’s the second of three supermoons to occur in 2019 (January, February, March). 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

Anyone up from the pwc group yet?

I am up, although I am kind of "visiting" south central Texas right now lol.

PWC, Leesburg, Rockville, HoCo/MoCo and Washington DC, among many other places in N VA are going to get smashed by heavy snow. That Deathband is gonna set up across North VA and the returns will be solid RED and ALL SNOW!

For Those About to Rock........

• Haha 1