Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

1 minute ago, real said:

Toppper on Channel 9 DC now just going with 1 to 3 in DC Metro and Baltimore, with 3 to 5 north and west. He cites “sleet” as reason he’s lowering totals..

He’s a tool even if he is dead on.  Interesting there is still some uncertainty.  I like the chaos.  

• Like 2

I actually think last-minute  forecast semantics in a storm like this a bit ridiculous. Fact is most nornal people really don’t differentiate between 2 and up to 5. Less than 2 they would consider a bust. More than 5 they would consider surprising but not end of world considering it will be raining by late afternon. More than 8 would start to be viewed as upward bust.

• Like 1

Just now, nj2va said:

00Z HRDPS is a beatdown.  It has snow reaching DC between 5-6a.  Sleet line still SW of the city through 18z.  0.75” has fallen in DC by then.  Lol 

I was up super early today and posted about today’s 6z HRDPS beat down. Been consistent all day too. Aside from my entire family and beer fridge, it’s my next most favorite thing to hug. :hug:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

It will either plant its flag as a reliable meso model and help “Make Canada Great Again” or it’ll be a reminder that the only good thing Canada is known for is to supply fresh highs for our blockbuster/CAD storms.

Canada hasn’t had a big win since Mike Weir at the masters. They are due!

• Haha 1