Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
2/19-20 Winter Storm Observations

nj2va

1 hour ago, BTRWx's Thanks Giving said:

I had the same skepticism with their depth map yesterday.  Do they even offer a snowfall option to compare?

I would think almost all of that is snowfall.  Sleet isn't going to accumulate much, even if heavy.  And I doubt it's going to sleet all that long anyway...maybe a couple of hours tops before we get the change over to rain.  I think the snow will come down fast and furious for about 6 hours, we get our 4-6" and then it's pretty much over.   If only we would have had a different track to the south and then northeast...this could have been a legitimate mega snow storm.  Oh well, maybe early March. 

1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

I would think almost all of that is snowfall.  Sleet isn't going to accumulate much, even if heavy.  And I doubt it's going to sleet all that long anyway...maybe a couple of hours tops before we get the change over to rain.  I think the snow will come down fast and furious for about 6 hours, we get our 4-6" and then it's pretty much over.   If only we would have had a different track to the south and then northeast...this could have been a legitimate mega snow storm.  Oh well, maybe early March. 

I think the CAD will hold longer west of 95 than you think.  Just my gut having lived here for 20 years. 

7 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

Whatever happens that is one large plume of mousture headed toward us and we have dews in the low teens for the most part.  Let’s overperform baby!

Reading the SE forum they are seeing mixed precip in some areas inland so that’s a good sign.  

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

I think the CAD will hold longer west of 95 than you think.  Just my gut having lived here for 20 years. 

I'm just east of the I-95 corridor but you could be right about where you are.  We could basically have a repeat of a couple of Monday's ago where I only got 3" but just north and west of here got almost 8".