Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2/20-21 Thump to Ice Winter Storm Threat

Newman

28 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Mid Atl region getting another positive bust for them. Many reports exceeding model output already. Heaviest banding seems to have dropped South at the last minute again. After this season I dont want to see another post about how all winter storms tick N and W at the last minute. This season was like a bad episode of mythbusters for us. Will be happy to see some accums anyway here today that always a win. Plus schools are closed and kids are home. Happy snow day :D

Ehhh not really.  DCA looks like they might get around 3-4 with more up by Frederick which is what models were showing.  The Euro has definitely verified best down there to this point.  The insane amounts the high res RGEM were spitting out near IAD-DCA arent happening  

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

Ehhh not really.  DCA looks like they might get around 3-4 with more up by Frederick which is what models were showing.  The Euro has definitely verified best down there to this point.  The insane amounts the high res RGEM were spitting out near IAD-DCA arent happening  

Look west I'm not referring to one specific locale per SE. The reports are insane. Someone will see a foot around i70.

Cape May getting hammered. Flakes the size of my fist!

Sorry for the out of town reports. 

8 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Look west I'm not referring to one specific locale per SE. The reports are insane. Someone will see a foot around i70.

Cape May getting hammered. Flakes the size of my fist!

Sorry for the out of town reports. 

Here is a zoom-out of my GRLevel3 radar with LSRs.  You can see some of those higher totals on it (also ETA the view from Sterling below DIX) -

radar-02202019.png

radar-sterling-va-02202019.png

5 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Here is a zoom-out of my GRLevel3 radar with LSRs.  You can see some of those higher totals on it -

radar-02202019.png

Ninja'd lol.

Yeah look at SNJ. Its hovering around 32-33 so things are slushyish right on the coast but accumulating paste with massive flake conglomerates as per my folks in N Cape May. Mix line is nearby. Wonder how long they can hang in. There is a weak coastal lp reflection but it is tucked inside the delmarva pen. If winds can take on and hold a more N trajectory as opposed to NE they can squeeze out a quick several inches down there perhaps.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ninja'd lol.

Yeah look at SNJ. Its hovering around 32-33 so things are slushyish right on the coast but accumulating paste with massive flake conglomerates as per my folks in N Cape May. Mix line is nearby. Wonder how long they can hang in. There is a weak coastal lp reflection but it is tucked inside the delmarva pen. If winds can take on and hold a more N trajectory as opposed to NE they can squeeze out a quick several inches down there perhaps.

There's a good blob of stuff over Cape May county!

radar-southjersey-02202019.png