Total Members
    Most Online
    cberr1957
    Newest Member
    cberr1957
USCAPEWEATHERAF

February 18th - President's Day Overrunning Snow Event Nowcast/Obs

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Got a decent dusting here. Feeling pretty good about inland areas of CT. Not as much for the shoreline. 

yeah since I posted that, the grap has turned into better dendrites, hopefully we can rip here for a few hours like this and we'll hit 4-5", it is only 10 after all, wasn't expecting onset til about midnight or so

Look on the bright side.  You could be us down here Wednesday.  We might miss two events NE and SW in a span of 72 hours.   I would still feel okay tonight the closer you get to the coast away from the Cape and south coast areas.  I would be increasingly worried if I was NW of a BOS-ORH-BDL-DXR line that this might underperform 

1 minute ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

It's not really sleet, but  snow pellets.  It's mixed with snow, but snowgrowth is really poor.

Snowgrowth looks good to me driveway and street already white.. 

28 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Sleet looks to be further north than expected!! Might make it close to Hartford.. 

Nah.....all snow here now.....

1 minute ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Radar looks like crap in southern areas.  Would like to see a more filled in presentation overall.

HRRR looks the same as radar now fills in hr 4

NAM actually seems to have pegged the positioning of the banding very well (I was certainly wrong about that going back to a previous post), though we’ll see if it’s as hefty as advertised. It’s bit your typical band of heavy snow...looks like some heavier echos within. Looks like S CT sucks on subsidence this go around 

2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Radar looks like crap in southern areas.  Would like to see a more filled in presentation overall.

Hrrr has it filling in after 6z, it still gives us 3-4 inches despite the crappy radar now. We shall see, as of now things aren't looking very good.. 30.4/23

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

HRRR looks the same as radar now fills in hr 4

Yeah just looked at it.  Definitely some lost precip to start in the subby zone between the  precip offshore and steadier precip northern ct.