• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 18th - President's Day Overrunning Snow Event Nowcast/Obs

USCAPEWEATHERAF

Gorgeous night, actually looks and feels like winter with snow covered trees.

My forecast did pretty well, including the higher amounts in Provincetown/outer Cape and lowest amounts CT coast. I was surprised at the excellent snow growth in the initial burst 5z-7z last night in eastern MA, did not expect that from the soundings. I busted too high in parts of CT where they missed the best initial overrunning overnight as well as any CCB activity or meat of the IVT stuff today. Also underestimated ratios (40:1!) in NNE.

Boston at 8.3 for season... futility likely ain’t happening. Also plenty of time hoping for at least one bonafide KU in late Feb-Mar 69 style.

(EDIT: I know this wasn’t the hardest forecast to make, and not patting myself on the back... but postmortem is best way to refine these skills)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Gorgeous night, actually looks and feels like winter with snow covered trees.

My forecast did pretty well, including the higher amounts in Provincetown/outer Cape and lowest amounts CT coast. I was surprised at the excellent snow growth in the initial burst 5z-7z last night in eastern MA, did not expect that from the soundings. I busted too high in parts of CT where they missed the best initial overrunning overnight as well as any CCB activity or meat of the IVT stuff today. Also underestimated ratios (40:1!) in NNE.

Boston at 8.3 for season... futility likely ain’t happening. Also plenty of time hoping for at least one bonafide KU in late Feb-Mar 69 style.

(EDIT: I know this wasn’t the hardest forecast to make, and not patting myself on the back... but postmortem is best way to refine these skills)

FWIW....I think BOS actually has a new spotter so we can use the airport number 3.6 vs Winthrop meaning we add 0.1  This if true is an excellent development!