Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 18th - President's Day Overrunning Snow Event Nowcast/Obs

USCAPEWEATHERAF

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Two of the storms last March hurt way worse for me. I expected solid 15"+ in both cases and wound up with 2.5" and 0" respectively. In the latter case, I could watch Long Island pick up 20" while snowing 5"/hr while sucking exhaust here. Still, this event is rather irksome. Can't believe my kbest snow of the season by a wide margin came a solid week before Thanksgiving. That's effed up. 

I am close to you but had only one bust, the one where LI and south got hammered and I got 2.5

Others were 10, 9.5, 6.

I honestly feel like LI and NYC robs our snow more than Mass. Boston.

Holy hell guys, first time all winter I can look out my window and all the trees are covered in snow, and there is enough on the ground you can't see the grass! It sure is beautiful. Looks like pixie dust still falling. I slept through the main show. I actually have no idea how much is out there. My initial guess is going to be 3 or 4. Im going to enjoy for the short amount of time it will be here...the next storms are warm and rain. This may be the only day this winter season where I have this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Yeah you avoided most of the subby hole in the big system that clocked eastern CT and MA. 4 Seasons and I were not so fortunate.

Ah you mean this one. I see the hole.

I am actually fascinated by this winter w/r/t how unlucky we are, as well as the human component where some are in a state of euphoria with 3 to 5. 

03132018snowmap.thumb.png.2ed73ace5dd1e04ae26447dc1630dad5.png

12 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Ah you mean this one. I see the hole.

I am actually fascinated by this winter w/r/t how unlucky we are, as well as the human component where some are in a state of euphoria with 3 to 5. 

03132018snowmap.thumb.png.2ed73ace5dd1e04ae26447dc1630dad5.png

It is certainly a study in human psychology; perhaps bordering on abnormal psychology at that lol.

1 minute ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Knew it. 

I have no words anymore.  It just wants to snow.

BTV with some good +SN bursts this morning and the airport has already exceeded its normal season snowfall.

KBTV 181354Z 34006KT 1/4SM R15/3000V4500FT +SN FZFG VV011 M12/M14 A2992 RMK AO2 SLP139 P0001 T11171139

• Like 1