Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18th - President's Day Overrunning Snow Event Nowcast/Obs

USCAPEWEATHERAF

16 minutes ago, jamesnichols1989 said:

Best snow flakes of the storm are happening right now, dendrite production good,

What happened to your other name?

Wonder if you’re close to flipping. A lot of people mistake wet aggregates (from surface warming or aloft) as good dendritic growth when usually it’s a case of the flakes starting to melt at some level. CQX is up to 33°.

What happened to your other name?
Wonder if you’re close to flipping. A lot of people mistake wet aggregates (from surface warming or aloft) as good dendritic growth when usually it’s a case of the flakes starting to melt at some level. CQX is up to 33°.

Yeah it turned to graupel shortly after the good dendrite production, I know a good dendrite when I see one. I'm going to take a nap as the mix occurs until later this afternoon when the snow returns for more accumulation

17 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I can't believe I got skunked and still have more snow than Boston on the year. 

Expected 3 and got 0. Worst bust in history. :)

JK

Two of the storms last March hurt way worse for me. I expected solid 15"+ in both cases and wound up with 2.5" and 0" respectively. In the latter case, I could watch Long Island pick up 20" while snowing 5"/hr while sucking exhaust here. Still, this event is rather irksome. Can't believe my best snow of the season by a wide margin came a solid week before Thanksgiving. That's effed up. 

Just now, Snow88 said:

Is this legit or another false snow reading by someone who doesn't know how to measure ?

They had a guy in Winthrop do it for years as Logan's official spotter. They needed a replacement this winter. Not sure if he is still doing it or someone at the airport. They did reach out to thank me for my report out of nowhere overnight, which was a first. 

Ya..I’m with Berg, this sucks ass!!  So 1980’s this season....right down to this dud.  That decade was just like this bust today.  You’d go to bed and the forecast was for 3-6 or 4-8, and you’d wake to an inch..just like today lol.   The 80’s are back.    So thought those days of completely busted forecasts were things of the past...but I guess not!  About an inch here.  About 18.75” on the year.  November 15th still the King this year.   

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya..I’m with Berg, this sucks ass!!  So 1980’s this season....right down to this dud.  That decade was just like this bust today.  You’d go to bed and the forecast was for 3-6 or 4-8, and you’d wake to an inch..just like today lol.   The 80’s are back.    So thought those days of completely busted forecasts were things of the past...but I guess not!  About an inch here.  About 18.75” on the year.  November 15th still the King this year.   

A lot of areas to the north and west of NYC also was skunked last night where Upton has a few inches.

I'm sitting at 8.1 right now. I had 5.3 inches in November and only 2.8 during the winter months.

Sad

• Haha 1