Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 18th - President's Day Overrunning Snow Event Nowcast/Obs

USCAPEWEATHERAF

29 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Wow....heavy snow!

That 30-35dbz stuff that came through might have been the heaviest non-squall snow of the season. Definitely an overperformance compared to the 6z soundings on HRRRs / NAMs. 

0z Euro steady for our area, feel good about 3-5.

Radar and obs in here say this is pretty spotty so far. We got the best of this opening bolus. Per HRRR, it moves out over next hour, but then rebuilds and spreads out after 9z.

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

That 30-35dbz stuff that came through might have been the heaviest non-squall snow of the season. Definitely an overperformance compared to the 6z soundings on HRRRs / NAMs. 

Radar and obs in here say this is pretty spotty so far. We got the best of this opening bolus. Per HRRR, it moves out over next hour, but then rebuilds and spreads out after 9z.

Just completed a loop with my dog.  We have a shot at 3-4 with this initial burst which to me is a big bonus.

4 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Already at 3" which is shocking

16 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Just completed a loop with my dog.  We have a shot at 3-4 with this initial burst which to me is a big bonus.

16 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Already at 3" which is shocking

Yeah definitely overperformance for the opening 2 hours in our area... I would not have expected such good snowgrowth looking at HRRR/NAM soundings. Not sure if it's ocean enhancement either, not much easterly flow at any level yet. Monday is a different story.

This current batch looks to wind down pretty soon on radar. The ragged appearance most of SNE is real, but HRRR / RAP say it rebuilds in a few hours (like after 9z or so) and we have several multi-hour windows of good snow early morning and at times Monday. And OE I think will be a boost tomorrow.