Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 20 - 21 Winter Storm Threat

NEG NAO

9 hours ago, Snow88 said:

We want the precip to come up faster before the cold air goes away.

The high is in the wrong spot on every model. Thats not the issue. This is a snow to rain event.

Cmc looks good for CNJ

I meant the HP is in the wrong spot if you want an all frozen event - of course I knew this is a snow/ice to rain event ………….I agree with Snow Goose that the modeling is incorrect regarding the cold air - also the colder air is going to be more dense this time around last night was borderline at best across most of the area…...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SnowFreak2000 said:

Nam has been trending the heaviest snow event for Wednesday further north. Hitting our area down to about philly. Miid Atlantic switches to rain right away. And nam has heavy snow to sleet and moves out pretty much right away.

06Z NAM namconus_ref_frzn_neus_45.pngnamconus_asnow_neus_23.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SnowFreak2000 said:

Nam has been trending the heaviest snow event for Wednesday further north. Hitting our area down to about philly. Miid Atlantic switches to rain right away. And nam has heavy snow to sleet and moves out pretty much right away.

If that's true a lot of folks down there will be disappointed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Do you think the models are wrong thus close to the event for areas down south ?

Alot of areas are under a winter storm watch.

Remember when we were under a Heavy Snow Warning in January 2008 lol.

I still dont see this as a big event for us, but we've already had an event where 1-2" was predicted and we received 4-7" before it changed to rain in November.

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I still dont see this as a big event for us, but we've already had an event where 1-2" was predicted and we received 4-7" before it changed to rain in November.

That bust was horrendous

Forecasted to get 6-12 inches. I didn't even get 1 flake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Snow88 said:

That bust was horrendous

Forecasted to get 6-12 inches. I didn't even get 1 flake.

We had a weird orb of snow here that gave us 1-2" while it was raining north, south, west and east of here lol.  People driving through mentioned that it was weird how there was a little snowcover here while it was raining everywhere else.  It didn't last long though- a lot like an early spring event.

11 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

you talking about this one ?

http://www.raymondcmartinjr.com/weather/2008/17-Jan-08.html

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Would like to see a model other than the just NAM come on board, the way this winter has gone 

A. I'd rather be needing a north trend and would in some sense think our area is in a good spot for this

B. I also would not be surprised to see DC to SNJ see 6+ inches and we see nothing

Nothing would surprise me. 

4 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

is that a new weather term ? > "butter the toast"

Thing I don't like about Wednesdays event is Thursday it might break 50 degrees and we end up with bare ground quickly !

The NAM doesn't have the same level of torch after the snow but yea it's the long range NAM, it looks like snow to drizzle

8 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

is that a new weather term ? > "butter the toast"

Thing I don't like about Wednesdays event is Thursday it might break 50 degrees and we end up with bare ground quickly !

If not...... lets make it one  :pimp:

gfs-ens_T2m_us_13.thumb.png.1168899b90af6efcf8355383761f5040.png

SE ridge ftw ALEX!

1 minute ago, Zelocita Weather said:

This storm looks the most promising since the Nov 15th system. Strong/intense overrunning with a trajectory right at us, and coming in quick. 

Yeah we'll see. It's one of those overrunning events that could easily be a winner or a disappointment. Precip axis and intensity won't really be known until the radar lights up...

8 minutes ago, Zelocita Weather said:

This storm looks the most promising since the Nov 15th system. Strong/intense overrunning with a trajectory right at us, and coming in quick. 

Definitely has the most high end potential if the overrunning precip shifts north, temps will not be an issue at all at the start of this  

15 minutes ago, NEG NAO said:

12Z EURO has 4 -6 inches throughout much of Central and North NJ

https://weather.us/model-charts/euro/new-jersey/snow-depth-in/20190221-0800z.html

For this winter I'd take that and run if it was the final outcome.

I do think the Euro being that much further NW with the heavy snow axis is a big red flag for the GFS, the snowmap is a little deceiving because it includes snow thats already on the ground but it looks like heaviest snow axis would be Baltimore to Philly to Allentown to just West of NYC