Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
TN valley heavy rain/flooding week of whenever

janetjanet998

20 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Posting here as well as in the svr thread....I am not seeing any svr wx polygons showing up on ANY NWS radar in the affected region....I first called Memphis to let them know but only got a recording saying they were open during business hours M-F.  This needs to be corrected for an upcoming possibly very dangerous day in the affected area.  Flood warnings show up but not svr.

Noticed the same thing earlier wrt FFWs. In fact, Knox Co does not show a FFW despite the PDS Warning in place. 

26 minutes ago, Indystorm said:

Posting here as well as in the svr thread....I am not seeing any svr wx polygons showing up on ANY NWS radar in the affected region....I first called Memphis to let them know but only got a recording saying they were open during business hours M-F.  This needs to be corrected for an upcoming possibly very dangerous day in the affected area.  Flood warnings show up but not svr.

I’m under a tornado watch in west tn.  The line about to cross the Mississippi River in Memphis looks particularly nasty.  Flash flood warnings popping up along the path of the cells in about a 5 county long line from Arkansas into north Mississippi/south west tn.

Lake cumberland rising  faster now...NWS guage data shows/predicts even more inflow then the other day..the River at Cumberland falls at this time is even higher  then it was when those photos were taken...looks like 1 to 1.5 inches of rain feel over the past 36 hours....the steady moderate type

at least they didn't get trained yet...could be they get lucky if the 2nd wave goes north? and they missed the knoxville stuff south

2/23/2019    9 AM    749.61    34,740
2/23/2019    10 AM    749.74      34,760  +.13
2/23/2019    11 AM    749.90      34,860   +.16

1 minute ago, janetjanet998 said:

Lake cumberland rising  faster now...NWS guage data shows/predicts even more inflow then the other day..the River at Cumberland falls at this time is even higher  then it was when those photos were taken...looks like 1 to 1.5 inches of rain feel over the past 36 hours....the steady moderate type

at least they didn't get trained yet...could be they get lucky if the 2nd wave goes north? and they missed the knoxville stuff south

2/23/2019    9 AM    749.61    34,740
2/23/2019    10 AM    749.74      34,760  +.13
2/23/2019    11 AM    749.90      34,860   +.16

But it's all going into the lower Ohio Valley from PAH on sw to the MS.

Here's my recorded rainfall since 12:00AM this morning here in Maryville.

image.png.c6c52df2d248ba7bfc1a0fefbe6eb230.png

Here's the recorded rainfall each day of the past week.

image.thumb.png.ece07aec38e8308841c526e9d7afd800.png

Adding up the total for each day comes out to 8.52 inches of total rainfall over the past week with more to come tonight.

Still pouring down here. The major creek near the house is the 2nd highest I've ever seen it. In an area that's normally around 3 feet deep it's currently around 16 feet deep based on it's height on an old railroad piling that sits in the middle of it. The railroad piling is normally about 12-14 feet out of the water, the water is currently around a foot below the top. A few years ago the creek got high enough to leave a log sitting on top of the piling.

WKYM 101.7
18 mins · 
According to a release today from the US Army Corps of Engineers, water is being released now at a faster rate than at any time during the 60 plus year history of Wolf Creek Dam.
The largest amount of water ever released from the dam is 40,000 cubic feet per second in January 1974.
Releases at Wolf Creek Dam have been increased to 45,000 cubic feet per second this afternoon, and releases are expected to increase to 60,000 cfs by noon Sunday, Feb. 24.
Inflows into Lake Cumberland overnight were larger than forecast and the lake’s flood storage is quickly reaching its capacity, prompting water managers to move up the timetable for the increased releases. Impacts are expected in areas near the river downstream, especially in the Cumberland River reach in Kentucky from Rowena to Burkesville.

• Like 1

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic