• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
TN valley heavy rain/flooding week of whenever

janetjanet998

And NO FF WARNING! Two blocks away in Georgia was warned. Hamilton Co. only an advisory. @dwagner88 is that right or did I miss the warning?

Every way out of East Brainerd to the Interstater was flooded. However Hamilton Co. schools and private schools business as usual. The one morning we needed a 2-hour delay, nothing was done. This after 4-5 false school closures.

Is that on the schools? I would say it's on the NWS. Today was a colossal failure of the warnings system. Mike Smith (infamous on Twitter) mode activated. We need an independent review board!

I'm trying to figure out a diplomatic way to email NWS from work. I can't find professional wording at this time.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, nrgjeff said:

And NO FF WARNING! Two blocks away in Georgia was warned. Hamilton Co. only an advisory. @dwagner88 is that right or did I miss the warning?

Every way out of East Brainerd to the Interstater was flooded. However Hamilton Co. schools and private schools business as usual. The one morning we needed a 2-hour delay, nothing was done. This after 4-5 false school closures.

Is that on the schools? I would say it's on the NWS. Today was a colossal failure of the warnings system. Mike Smith (infamous on Twitter) mode activated. We need an independent review board!

I'm trying to figure out a diplomatic way to email NWS from work. I can't find professional wording at this time.

You didn't miss anything. The only schools that delayed were those on Signal mountain. SR-8 (main hwy up) was closed due to debris from storm flows for a few hours this morning. At one point my employer had full or partial closures on 10 different state routes. I'm sure the local and county roads were even worse.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, dwagner88 said:

You didn't miss anything. The only schools that delayed were those on Signal mountain. SR-8 (main hwy up) was closed due to debris from storm flows for a few hours this morning. At one point my employer had full or partial closures on 10 different state routes. I'm sure the local and county roads were even worse.

They didn't even delay Signal -that was just the buses for the magnet schools and special ed. Schools up here were business as usual, too.  The front road was closed for awhile due to flooding and now Roberts Mill is falling apart and closed.

• Thanks 1

Rain rain rain and lots of it this week NW of Crossville. Not sure how much but the radar has been yellow or red almost constantly over the house every time I've looked. Schools were a two hour delay on Tuesday I believe, but this morning looks even worse and I think they were on time. Some ponding in roadways, and a THP cruiser flipped on I-40 this morning, but luckily the elevation seems to help the runoff here a lot. Wouldn't mind a warmup and some decently clear days now that any precip deficit has surely been erased, if snow is out of the picture.

• Like 1