Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 19-21, 2019 storm threat

Danajames

21 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

How were temps before the December 2013 event. This has some similarities to that imo. 

Looking back at my records, it was  69° on 12/5 and 59 on 12/6 with a couple of inches of rain.  By the 7th the high was 39 and the next day finished with a max-min of 29/24 during the heavy snowfall.  So about the same leading in as this Tuesday's forecast, but a few degrees colder for the event than this one is progged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t remember any Dec storm in 2013 here that was a foot. I recall a Sunday storm that was about 7”, followed by a storm on Tuesday that was about 5” and another on Saturday that was about 3”.

That is my memory.  I got 7 that sunday.... it was lots of snow games on TV.  Great, great day.  

Got 3" that Tuesday, but got nothing that saturday.

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t remember any Dec storm in 2013 here that was a foot. I recall a Sunday storm that was about 7”, followed by a storm on Tuesday that was about 5” and another on Saturday that was about 3”.

I looked it up on my FB page and we didn’t fare so well in Fairfax during that storm if it’s the Dec 9th storm. We had a Winter Storm Warning for 3-6” and it ended up being about 2” before changing to sleet and freezing rain. 

Just now, snowmagnet said:

I looked it up on my FB page and we didn’t fare so well in Fairfax during that storm. We had a Winter Storm Warning for 3-6” and it ended up being about 2” before changing to sleet and freezing rain. 

Yes, the inner suburbs had a WSW that busted. I think it was a couple degrees to warm.

30 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I could be mixed up, wouldnt be the first time. But I thought we got a foot from the storm on the 8th? Maybe I was combining the two?

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

How were temps before the December 2013 event. This has some similarities to that imo. 

If you are talking about 12/8/13 it was rather cold.  My recorded high was 27 and low was 23.  8.75" of snow that day followed by another 4.25" on 12/10 and 2.25" on 12/14.

• Like 1