Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 19-21, 2019 storm threat

Danajames

1 minute ago, notvirga! said:

Cranky's forecasts are really vague, plus obviously he is cranky. I stopped following him. His posts were tedious. 

i still view his stuff because i do believe he is quite knowledgeable and a realist, so i know where to put my expectations. i do think he is a little too pessimistic at times tho 

• Like 1

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

i still view his stuff because i do believe he is quite knowledgeable and a realist, so i know where to put my expectations. i do think he is a little too pessimistic at times tho 

I agree. Very informative and real...but his constant complaining and trolling of "wxtwitter" gets annoying sometimes (I just don't get why he doesn't just block those people, lol) But if you can look past that...he does some pretty good analysis, imo

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I agree. Very informative and real...but his constant complaining and trolling of "wxtwitter" gets annoying sometimes (I just don't get why he doesn't just block those people, lol) But if you can look past that...he does some pretty good analysis, imo

He tends to over analyze every single moving part of a storm and in the grand scheme of things, particular things he’s picking out mean nothing in the end game. It’s almost like he’s making it way more complicated than it has to be. But he does also do a very good job.

NAM at range and all the other caveats, but still have to like what it shows. Precip arrives earlier, pre-dawn, and looks like ~4" by early morning Wed. Yeah snow maps suck, I know, but it is all snow through the end of the run at 12z Wed. So if (if... if!) it is correct that's a beat down to that point and would be more coming after. Cold at surface and 850s are as well. 

Whatever it's worth, fun to look at and get NAM'd at least once! 

ETA... Clearly one of the big factors is getting precip in fast, early, and at a good rate. Take advantage of the cold while it's there for as long as it can manage. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

NAM at range and all the other caveats, but still have to like what it shows. Precip arrives earlier, pre-dawn, and looks like ~4" by early morning Wed. Yeah snow maps suck, I know, but it is all snow through the end of the run at 12z Wed. So if (if... if!) it is correct that's a beat down to that point and would be more coming after. Cold at surface and 850s are as well. 

Whatever it's worth, fun to look at and get NAM'd at least once! 

ETA... Clearly one of the big factors is getting precip in fast, early, and at a good rate. Take advantage of the cold while it's there for as long as it can manage. 

I like where we sit, NEXT MODEL UP