Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 18 overrunning threat

ORH_wxman

48 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Genuinely happy for you guys.  A nice all snow event that isn't going into the shitter as it approaches. 

That was a great GGEM run.  Jacking the region that probably has suffered the most this winter.

IMG_2291.thumb.PNG.64fac973aed04db9188f981bdea57ff7.PNG

Trending north more and more and more.....

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I'm not conceding defeat yet, but I might be getting Kevin an IPA at the next gtg.

Meanwhile, I'm leaving the Pit/arriving in ORH with a bang.  Movers coming Wed, closing on the Pit Thursday, moving into Pit3 (which will immediately become Pit1 in case anyone's keeping track: ) on Friday.

Good luck with the move. Hopefully you get a nice present at the new Pit1 next weekend. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't have experience using HREFs.... do you have thoughts on their performance relative to other short-term guidance for winter weather, and what timeframe they become useful? TIA

All I could find online:

"HREF version 2.0 will be implemented in November 2017 and makes it more like the SSEO. It adds a new member from a second HiresW WRF-ARW run configured similarly to the National Severe Storms Laboratory ARW run. The 24-hour time lag used in HREF 1.0 is reduced to the two most recent runs for each system."

High end advisory event incoming for just about all of SNE (save maybe immediate beaches south coast?) and I think a low end warning event for SE MA. There will be some lollis further west too that maybe tickle 6" but confidence is lower there.