Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Feb 18 overrunning threat

ORH_wxman

Just now, SnowGoose69 said:

Yeah I’m confused still.  Does the RGEM run past 48 or is this just the GGEM?  I’ve been trying to figure that out for months 

It isn't the same outcome as the operational GGEM.  Its definitely the NAM-length version of the RGEM.

The map even says RDPS for the regional model and the link has "reg" in it.  You just change the time 00/06/12/18 to see what the latest run is.

http://img.meteocentre.com/models/gemreg_amer_qc_00/accum/SN_000-084_0000.gif

SN_000-084_0000.gif

I agree with Tip RE: inverted trough/norlun at the end of the event. The stretching the shortwave aloft makes it a prime candidate for that. What helps too though is that there's some ML fronto that gets stuck in there so it wouldn't be a super narrow band I wouldn't think. You'd have this general area of light to moderate snow hanging back. 

Need to get the Euro on board though. The EPS have actually been more bullish on this than the OP euro. 

BOX selling big time.  At least they've stepped away from the partly sunny.  They were holding onto that through the 4:00pm forecast.

Sunday Night
A chance of snow, mainly after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 20. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
Washington's Birthday
A chance of snow. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 30. Light north wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
  • Like 1