• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The 2019 Sun Angle / Spring Monitor

StantonParkHoya

I watched a 2'+ December storm get washed down the gutter in record time. We aren't a snowpack climo. Period. Basically always. Live with it, love it, and be happy with whatever you get whenver you get it. 

Our sub is a paradox. A lot of snow snobs living in shithole snow climo around here. Lol. No wonder the roads are full of rage in these parts. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I watched a 2'+ December storm get washed down the gutter in record time. We aren't a snowpack climo. Period. Basically always. Live with it, love it, and be happy with whatever you get whenver you get it. 

Our sub is a paradox. A lot of snow snobs living in shithole snow climo around here. Lol. No wonder the roads are full of rage in these parts. 

Thanks. I've lived in this area my entire life. We do get some nice snowstorms here, but in recent years I've noticed more weather watchers getting unreasonably upset because the snow doesn't stay on the ground for weeks. The snow isn't supposed to stay on the ground for weeks here. We're in the Middle Atlantic coastal plain, not Minnesota.

• Like 2

As Per Tradition, Mid February is when our forum starts the annual Spring Tracking thread. Post all related posts to upcoming warmth and inevitable sun angle and longer days in this thread!

DC's current avg high is 47 degrees, and in just a week's time it will be breaking the 50 mark with the average low above freezing. UV index will be 4/10 in 10 days, and we are gaining a minute of daylight in the evening which will be 6pm by month's end. 

We've almost made it according to climo. What does this year have in store? 

DC's current avg high is 47 degrees, and in just a week's time it will be breaking the 50 mark with the average low above freezing. UV index will be 4/10 in 10 days, and we are gaining a minute of daylight in the evening which will be 6pm by month's end. 

We have almost made it according to climo! I thank my lucky stars I live below 40N even if Raleigh is GOAT climate.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jandurin said:

so exactly the same as the last 12 months

Yep. I had a mostly sunny Wednesday here, only day with clear skies in who knows how long. Looking at extended, it may be end of next week before it reappears. But, such is life around here. One of the cloudier spots in the US, especially from late fall thru spring. If it isn't NW flow off the lakes it is E/NE flow off the ocean banking up against the mountains. Then the gulf opens and ....more clouds lol.

23 hours ago, Subtropics said:

As Per Tradition, Mid February is when our forum starts the annual Spring Tracking thread. Post all related posts to upcoming warmth and inevitable sun angle and longer days in this thread!

We've almost made it according to climo. What does this year have in store? 

I already created this thread. I think you even posted in it.

• Haha 2