Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2019 Sun Angle / Spring Monitor

StantonParkHoya

10 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I simply can’t wait for the dreary days to be over. I think I’ve been affected by it much more this winter than ever before.

Bring me warm sunshine and afternoon storms...

I don’t think I’ve been more ready for a week straight of no weather.  I can’t remember the last one where we didn’t have precip.  Let’s hope it breaks soon.

8 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

After this cold week coming up, I hope we get a massive SE ridge for the rest of March.  I am ready for spring.  I started dozens of tropical milkweed seeds under lights a few days ago.  The monarchs will be happy with me this summer.

Yep, bring on the ridge.  I can’t wait for sustained 60s and 70s.

i've thought about this sun angle thing a bit.  my conclusion is that it affects ratios more than it does stickage.  a 32 and below surface is 32 and below, but i've definitely noticed that some of these march snowers have generally worse ratios (and possibly higher rate of melting after stickage as well), during the day.  i could be wrong and having a selective memory here, but it would make sense that the sun angle would impact a snowflake's rate of melting on the way down.  yes, we are capable of march powder, but i think fringe temps are more of a problem in march than january.  rates would overcome that for obvious reasons.  how much of an impact is up for the debate, but i think it's kind of irrational to say it makes no difference.