Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD Weekend 2019 Storm Threats

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Ya’ll give up way to easy. GFS is north. Snow to Towson-FDK line. Be patient weenies.

I’m north of that line, I would never give up if I lived near DC. Even up here maybe... but the system isn’t amplifying so it’s going to slide almost due east so the changes I would need to get heavy snow up to the pa line would have to gone soon...early on out west. I’m feeling he’s unlikely to be significant up here.  

• Haha 1

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Naw I think this one ends up another dc area jack. I probably see some snow, maybe an inch or two, but I think the good stuff stays south. 

See my above post, I do think we could get a nice northern band, and rates do look to be good with this. The vort is solid, just gotta work on the confluence north. 

Just now, RVASnowLover said:

Didn't yall just have a 8-12" in January? We've had one event compared to what 4 or 4 for the DMV area? 

No northern MD was fringed by that. And northern MD averages 25+”. But forget average. I don’t care about average. I like big storms. So you have a 8-12” snowstorm this year. How many of those do you average a year?  Actually how many do you average in a whole decade?  Like 1. Maybe 1.5?  You already had a once a decade type storm. 

• Like 1

Just now, C.A.P.E. said:

I haven't been to Rehoboth in over a month...

Weekend too. DFH annual road trip back on? Stop by the Cottage Cafe in Bethany for incredible burgers and fries, or Homemade pot roast. Mmmmmm

In all seriousness, this usually is the time where models start creeping north, but that confluence will not just scoot out a ton, but a 50 mile adjustment isn't out of the question. 

Just now, MillvilleWx said:

Weekend too. DFH annual road trip back on? Stop by the Cottage Cafe in Bethany for incredible burgers and fries, or Homemade pot roast. Mmmmmm

In all seriousness, this usually is the time where models start creeping north, but that confluence will not just scoot out a ton, but a 50 mile adjustment isn't out of the question. 

Yeah I think the beach would struggle with temps unless it was the jack zone with rates.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’m north of that line, I would never give up if I lived near DC. Even up here maybe... but the system isn’t amplifying so it’s going to slide almost due east so the changes I would need to get heavy snow up to the pa line would have to gone soon...early on out west. I’m feeling he’s unlikely to be significant up here.  

This is better for our chances than any NAMming we could get. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic