Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
PD Weekend 2019 Storm Threats

WxUSAF

1 minute ago, Deer Whisperer said:

also found it kinda funny how rgem has the Saturday storm but nam doesnt 

This is the better threat to focus on.  I just had a chance to look at 18z for next week. That was fun.  Gonna enjoy this one of if happens like it’s my last snow of the season. 

Just now, BristowWx said:

This is the better threat to focus on.  I just had a chance to look at 18z for next week. That was fun.  Gonna enjoy this one of if happens like it’s my last snow of the season. 

i try to treat every one like its the last one... which is why if i look outside and cant see flake immediately i run outside to check if it stopped somehow

• Like 1

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

that actually doesn't look bad, seems to me like the thin strip of goods is larger on 18, just a little south

We are going to see fluctuations as we get closer.  Since it’s not high ratio cold smoke every .1 loss will be felt however.  

2 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

that actually doesn't look bad, seems to me like the thin strip of goods is larger on 18, just a little south

15 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

We are going to see fluctuations as we get closer.  Since it’s not high ratio cold smoke every .1 loss will be felt however.  

I actually like our spot better now then i did at 12z. Famous last words but a standard North trend would give us a great hit

• Like 1

GFS definitely trended north for the Saturday event but I have my doubts of me getting all snow.  It looks like the Mason Dixon Line is where it will be snow, a la Monday all over again.  I hope the model eventually shows more cold air farther south because if the 1800 run turns out to be accurate, the best we'll see in my neck of the woods is a sloppy mix with Baltimore and south just getting rain.  Tuesday looks like a warmer run too. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Danajames said:

GFS definitely trended north for the Saturday event but I have my doubts of me getting all snow.  It looks like the Mason Dixon Line is where it will be snow, a la Monday all over again.  I hope the model eventually shows more cold air farther south because if the 1800 run turns out to be accurate, the best we'll see in my neck of the woods is a sloppy mix with Baltimore and south just getting rain.  Tuesday looks like a warmer run too. 

i ignored your account for a reason, opened one message just bc there was nothing else to look at rn... :P

1 minute ago, Danajames said:

Most of us will deal with some rain but I think this will be a different event than Monday.  This a west to east fast moving heavy quick hitter that may take advantage of decent rates.  Will we hit WSW criteria well don’t think so but I think if we can get rates it might surprise especially Between EZF and BWI. Now the fact that Friday will be spring like and Saturday will be marginal won’t give us cold smoke but if you are in for some falling snow that sticks to your grass you might not be disappointed.  We take what we can get, drink a lot, and continue the hunt.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Danajames said:

Keep us posted 

• Like 1

Just now, Deer Whisperer said:

most people in here drink a lot, complain about not enough snow, then go hunting for more beer to subdue their sadness about winter being over

Yes I agree.  I think if she can accept falling snow vice accumulating snow then it might help her.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic