Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PD Weekend 2019 Storm Threats

WxUSAF

11 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

@North Balti Zen, @BaltimoreWxGuy, @nw baltimore wx Here we go again...lol Now we oughta get this further north this time, though (we just don't wanna see any south trends!)

Even if there isn't a move north near game time, I'd be psyched to see accumulating snow falling during the day.  There are so many close and good breweries with big windows in any direction nowadays, that I'm not worried. :drunk:

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Euro seems essentially locked in. 72hrs out not much reason to look anywhere else. 

I generally agree but this year the euro has had more than a few big shifts inside of 72 hours. I really like seeing back to back nearly identical runs of course. Small shifts with such a narrow field will no doubt cause some freakouts and meltdowns though. I expect many over the next 3 days. 

EPS mostly supports the op but the stripe is super narrow and the various solutions show typical spread. In this case, a 75 mile shift in any direction has drastic implications. OTOH- at 72 hours out the op should be given the most weight by far and we all know that there will be shifts in the best snowfall as leads close. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

EPS mostly supports the op but the stripe is super narrow and the various solutions show typical spread. In this case, a 75 mile shift in any direction has drastic implications. OTOH- at 72 hours out the op should be given the most weight by far and we all know that there will be shifts in the best snowfall as leads close. 

Probably also worth noting the control is a near mirror image of the OP. Nice to see still.

Where are you going to watch this one?

I have the luxury of deciding Friday night, so tbd. I’m leaning Arlington right now, figure that even if the jackpot shifts further south it’s more likely to last minute shift north anyways. Temps also get sketchier as you go south, so it could snow in CHO and not accumulate.

I’m open to other suggestions though. I’m bad luck, so it would help you guys if I was convinced to stay down here.

2 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

I’m sure you’d agree, but it may be good agreement but with this small-ish storm with such a narrow stripe of snow, those are still big differences to try to make a forecast on lol

Yeah but we’re 3 days out. If that disagreement exists Friday that’s a different story.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic