Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
PD Weekend 2019 Storm Threats

WxUSAF

SOOOOOO close!

icon_mslp_pcpn_frzn_us_38.thumb.png.93838743b30e28c7b57601369bc76b20.png

ICON does suck so mostly just having fun until the reliable guidance actually kills our hopes and dreams soon.

No idea if its right but IF the Saturday wave does wash out the Sunday wave likely will cut.  It was the return flow behind the first wave that kept the second wave south of us.  No weaker/south wave 1 goes the further north wave 2 goes.  

10 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I agree to an extent...but I have also found over the years that going with the model that shows the least snow often verifies the best, unfortunately.  

euro is rock solid except when it shows us snow. Then it becomes a terrible model like the others. IF it was a cutter, all the models would be showing it. Of course, when it comes to our snow....we get this ridiculous spread from models

Icon totally dry with the Saturday threat...but its ok because its really WET with the cutter right after it :lol:

If i had to take a gun to my head bet...i would take the bet that we get a inch total from all 3 events combined

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

If i had to take a gun to my head bet...i would take the bet that we get a inch total from all 3 events combined

lol... well I kind of see the fail pathway this weekend... the saturday wave is pretty weak sauce and could easily wash out and that creates a cutter Sunday.  But the only saving grace there would be a stronger Sunday system would increase the chances of snow Tuesday.  Always save the best for last!

Case in point...the ICON has a 1035 high parked over Albany as the Tuesday storm comes in...and forces a thump of snow even though the SLP is cutting to Detroit.  With even a slightly ok track it would be a good snowstorm with that antecedent pressure pattern and air-mass.   Of course relax that high at all with that track and its simply another cutter all rainstorm.  

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

lol... well I kind of see the fail pathway this weekend... the saturday wave is pretty weak sauce and could easily wash out and that creates a cutter Sunday.  But the only saving grace there would be a stronger Sunday system would increase the chances of snow Tuesday.  Always save the best for last!

I'm thinking the same thing however if the Saturday wave gets stronger and hits us then most likely the Sunday wave will stay under us but be weak. This scenario would probably yield to a more icy mix deal with the Tuesday into Wednesday deal.

I might be willing to roll the dice on a stronger cutter Sunday to open the door for a better midweek solution.

Case in point...the ICON has a 1035 high parked over Albany as the Tuesday storm comes in...and forces a thump of snow even though the SLP is cutting to Detroit.  With even a slightly ok track it would be a good snowstorm with that antecedent pressure pattern and air-mass.   Of course relax that high at all with that track and its simply another cutter all rainstorm.  

it looks like how our storm yesterday looked for a while in modeling that ended up being a crap storm for DC metro. Congrats to you though

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

The GFS has bumped north and trended stronger with the surface reflection 3 runs in a row. I like where I sit 78 hours out.

agree.  I like to follow the 540 line and its in a nice spot for now..for us at least knowing likely bump north so we have that wiggle space we need. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic