SnowHabit
PD Weekend 2019 Storm Threats

WxUSAF

4 minutes ago, Ji said:
13 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
Yup.  3 dumb things I've experienced today
-quibbling over specific qpf and rain snow line this far out
-using the ICON for anything
-me looking for a restaurant today for Valentine'ss day dinner. 

You still celebrate vday? Once you hit your 40s...its just another Thursday. To me anyway

How much did your NON Valentine's spa weekend cost you?

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, Deer Whisperer said:

are people not aware this thread exists or do we always have discussion about the same threats in multiple threads? ive only been on here for like 2 months so im new to this

I’ve been reading the somewhat quiet Long Range Thread and then suddenly remembered someone said they would start a weekend thread. It’s so much more interesting in here when there is an actual threat to talk about. 

3 hours ago, peribonca said:

Confluence to the north is a bit stronger/souther and shoves the precip a bit South. Not a bad place to be at this time.

And that's been the main song and dance this winter.  If there is significant snow, it's been to the south of Baltimore.  Otherwise, it's been all Great Lakes cutters bringing 1-2" of rain into the Mid-Atlantic.   I've pretty much pulled the sheet over my area in any hopes of a WSW level snowfall happening before Spring finally arrives.  But it's cool that Bel Air and going towards the PA line did get 6+ inches yesterday.   

2 minutes ago, Danajames said:

And that's been the main song and dance this winter.  If there is significant snow, it's been to the south of Baltimore.  Otherwise, it's been all Great Lakes cutters bringing 1-2" of rain into the Mid-Atlantic.   I've pretty much pulled the sheet over my area in any hopes of a WSW level snowfall happening before Spring finally arrives.  But it's cool that Bel Air and going towards the PA line did get 6+ inches yesterday.   

You didn’t get WSW criteria snow from the January storm?  Where do you reside? 

1 hour ago, BristowWx said:

Sorry to hear that.  Perhaps your luck will change next week.  Pulling for you.  

Thanks but to be honest with you, if someone said, "I'll stop all the heavy rain events but the trade off is no more snow either", I'd take it in a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

Miss south 

That's what I was thinking looking at the panel I posted. Was it weak sauce or was there respectable qpf down south? Either way, the height pattern looks pretty good with amplification in front. 18z gfs and icon both has the upper level low to our north pressing down further not allowing much if any amplification. 

For the Sat deal, some of it will depend on how organized/juicy the shortwave is when it enters the west. It's still out in the Pac so we'll get a better idea of that in 2 days when it's hitting the west coast. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

That's what I was thinking looking at the panel I posted. Was it weak sauce or was there respectable qpf down south? Either way, the height pattern looks pretty good with amplification in front. 18z gfs and icon both has the upper level low to our north pressing down further not allowing much if any amplification. 

For the Sat deal, some of it will depend on how organized/juicy the shortwave is when it enters the west. It's still out in the Pac so we'll get a better idea of that in 2 days when it's hitting the west coast. 

precip_6hourly_CONUS_hr090.thumb.png.7789077505c3f711ba315bd15de7f603.png

precip_6hourly_CONUS_hr096.thumb.png.ffb325932a72c7108bf0858404455e8f.png

precip_6hourly_CONUS_hr102.thumb.png.5a7e873051d2a533c09d032e1089006d.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic