joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 12th-14 Redeveloper Nowcast/Obs

Baroclinic Zone

50 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Pic of tractor? That's a big blower. I'm using a 44"

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Here's me getting it hooked up in the fall.  Runs off the PTO of my little Kubota...its first year in service after fighting a 275# monster walk-behind for the last decade. :

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WthrJunkyME said:

I think you did a bit better than us up here, but still going pretty good.  About 7.5” in my hood.  A little mixing started at 5 am, but switched back over again.  23F

This settled some since i made my 6 am measurement but we finished here with 8.8", Very little sleet if any, Seemed more like grains but if was fluff and cleaned up real easy

Snow Pole 2.jpg

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Hat tip to the HRRR sand HREF (which does use he NAM) too.

We look like we held off the taint pretty well in PWM. Headed out to clear the snow now.

I have to tip it on the HRRR as well, I'm usually pretty skeptical of it but it was run after run from about 18z on last night that saw the sleet line eroding and moving back south to along the immediate coast, The NAM was the most agressive with punching it North and west to the foothills, This was last nights 0z run of the Nam @9z...............

image.thumb.png.fb451a4ed486967331f289d41ee010db.png

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

1.2”/0.48” in the final core of all sleet.

So I finished with 4.5” via 0.90” liquid. 5:1 ratio. lol

That’s just about the Bufkit Cobb average of the NAM, GFS, HRRR from 00z Tue. I’m really annoyed I talked myself out of advisories in southern half of NH.

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I have to tip it on the HRRR as well, I'm usually pretty skeptical of it but it was run after run from about 18z on last night that saw the sleet line eroding and moving back south to along the immediate coast, The NAM was the most agressive with punching it North and west to the foothills, This was last nights 0z run of the Nam @9z...............

Yeah, as that 850 low developed that warm snow sliced east rather than surged north.

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sebago 8.0”/1.16”...if that is all snow that’s about as bad as it gets for ratios from pure cold snow.

We definitely had garbage ratios for a while. Sometime between 8 and 11 it picked up, but I passed out after my last mid.

There was so much water in the pack that the shadows had the blue glacial color.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

We definitely had garbage ratios for a while. Sometime between 8 and 11 it picked up, but I passed out after my last mid.

There was so much water in the pack that the shadows had the blue glacial color.

I should have taken a core. I didn't see any evidence of IP in the snow. It seemed uniform throughout. Although at 3am I got up, noticed it wasn't snowing, but too tired to go outside to see if it was pinging.

1 minute ago, Lava Rock said:

I should have taken a core. I didn't see any evidence of IP in the snow. It seemed uniform throughout. Although at 3am I got up, noticed it wasn't snowing, but too tired to go outside to see if it was pinging.

There may not have been much up there, the office had 10”