Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 12th-14 Redeveloper Nowcast/Obs

Baroclinic Zone

21 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

How much at your house PF?

24" on the ground and I just measured the storm total depth before shoveling... 9.5".  That's without any clearing or anything, just as it lays at the end.  Will likely easily pick up a half inch of fluff overnight to make 10" as it's been snowing lightly but steadily.

It was pretty heavy shoveling, there's a good shot of QPF in that.  Pretty much exactly what all the models were showing.

Again I think the EURO was the best for its consistency of 1-1.2" of QPF for several days leading up to the system.  I've been very impressed with the EURO this season up this way and it's QPF/snow forecasts.  When it has something for a couple cycles in a row, it's locked in.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

24" on the ground and I just measured the storm total depth before shoveling... 9.5".  That's without any clearing or anything, just as it lays at the end.  Will likely easily pick up a half inch of fluff overnight to make 10" as it's been snowing lightly but steadily.

It was pretty heavy shoveling, there's a good shot of QPF in that.  Pretty much exactly what all the models were showing.

Again I think the EURO was the best for its consistency of 1-1.2" of QPF for several days leading up to the system.  I've been very impressed with the EURO this season up this way and it's QPF/snow forecasts.  When it has something for a couple cycles in a row, it's locked in.

Euro was consistently 8-12" for several runs going back to a 3-4 days prior so it did a good job, Even the GFS, Once it got inside 36 hrs...................:lol:

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s been shaky here. Seems it’s been too cold or too wet at times. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s been shaky here. Seems it’s been too cold or too wet at times. 

It's funny how models are like that.  I think it's QPF forecasts have been dead on this winter.

Regardless this storm brought me solidly over the 100" on the season at home and this season has been lacking our moose fart snowstorms... I think that's why the snow depth days have been so high and why the grass hasn't been seen since November 12th.

If the past 5-8 years are any indication, we don't see this many 1"+ QPF frozen storms... I think that's like 5 so far including November.

Friend's photo in Stowe Village and you can tell despite the cold temperatures, this is a caking dense snow.  Town looks again like a deep winter postcard with a couple feet on the ground, huge snowbanks from the QPF-rich snows, and buried un-shoveled cars.

3pKAzdY.jpg

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It's funny how models are like that.  I think it's QPF forecasts have been dead on this winter.

Regardless this storm brought me solidly over the 100" on the season at home and this season has been lacking our moose fart snowstorms... I think that's why the snow depth days have been so high and why the grass hasn't been seen since November 12th.

If the past 5-8 years are any indication, we don't see this many 1"+ QPF frozen storms... I think that's like 5 so far including November.

Friend's photo in Stowe Village and you can tell despite the cold temperatures, this is a caking dense snow.  Town looks again like a deep winter postcard with a couple feet on the ground, huge snowbanks from the QPF-rich snows, and buried un-shoveled cars.

3pKAzdY.jpg

Pretty sweet. Will probably have to wait a year for that here.