Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 12th-14 Redeveloper Nowcast/Obs

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'd agree with that...DGZ looks not totally saturated....if it was, then it would totally be a sleet sounding, but all the precip generation looks like it may have been below that level.

Right...good luck forecasting that lol. I think everyone kinda caught off guard by the amount of zr in the gta. Fun. 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Is there a significant batch of precip moving thru between say 2-6am?

Stuff down the in the mid-atlantic will move through...not sure I'd call it "significant"....depends on your definition. But it's going to probably be a few tenths of QPF. So anyone W of the CF could get some icing from that.

6 minutes ago, SnowBrosForever said:

Portland Public Schools also closed. Temp has risen to 24 here on the island. Sleet line has crossed into southern York County. Should hit this area in less than 2 hours. Plow crews not so happy.

Welcome aboard.  Nice to have another poster from the area!

3.5" on .49 liquid here in South Portland

29.1F SN

4 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

4.8"  of new snow/sleet. Sleet with pixie dust. Latitude FTL. Temperature creeping upward, now at 17.6° F. 

The winds have slacked off. Still breezy, but we're not getting the freight train sound from above with the occasional gusts to 30+ MPH anymore.

Huh, we may have beat you here. That doesn't happen often. 

No wind to speak of here. 

• Like 1

Gotta watch that cold tuck toward 09z and beyond....models are showing it, but it's 33F rotted air. But clearly they have no idea on the sfc temps over the interior. They are gonna be like 7-8F off....maybe as high as 10F in some cases. If we see 27F sloshing back toward BOS early tomorrow, that could be a total shitshow AM commute.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ice1972 said:

Really really hate this storm.....as per usual for this winter....like 3” snow I guess with a heavy sleet layer.....not even gonna move it.....a Ratter Rainer will roll through soon enough and take care of it....god this season sucks

Yeah, as much as it pains you, you gotta' clear this stuff bro!  It will all refreeze tomorrow night and you'll be sorry .

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Gotta watch that cold tuck toward 09z and beyond....models are showing it, but it's 33F rotted air. But clearly they have no idea on the sfc temps over the interior. They are gonna be like 7-8F off....maybe as high as 10F in some cases. If we see 27F sloshing back toward BOS early tomorrow, that could be a total shitshow AM commute.

Got my interest. I shot up from 22 to 30 in about 2 hours then creeped to 31.6 over the past hour or so. So I wonder which side of 32 I go. Got freezing rain out there now on top of a dense pack of 4"