Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS only thread winter event Feb 12-early 13 , 2019

wdrag

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Vis is down to about 1/4 mile (sometimes a little bit more), flakes are still small, wind is coming around to more of an ENE rather than just E direction, temp is still 17*. Mahopac 

Same story in Millbrook. borderline mod/heavy snow at 17F. Surface flow is out of the SE here though.

3 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

16/12-E-S+  We have passed through moderate to heavy snow here now. Flake size is better and the wind is pretty much down to nothing here on my hill.  

Sounds like aggregation may be starting to work its magic down by you. I'm still ripping baking powder... would be nice to see 850s come up a couple more ticks and get flakes sticking together.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Sounds like aggregation may be starting to work its magic down by you. I'm still ripping baking powder... would be nice to see 850s come up a couple more ticks and get flakes sticking together.

When I say better it's marginal at best. They're still so small that it's tough to see individual flakes unless you put a piece of something dark out for them to fall on. Flake size is big enough that it started to accumulate at a decent clip though, enough that the first plow just went down the street. Unfortunately he was cruising so threw snow 15 feet up the driveway and ripped a pothole open and spewed chunks into the front of my truck.

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

The stuff falling now really blurs the line between snow and sleet. Partially refrozen frankenflakes.

I had that for a few minutes before the flip to sleet. It's been heavy sleet for over an hour now that's compressing an already super dense 3" of tiny flake snow down to an ugly 2" slurry that's going to be fun to watch freeze up. Temp is still 18* dp is 15*, wind is kickin' out of the northeast too.

Mahopac