Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Parts 1 and 2 Obs - 2/10-2/12 Winter Storm

KamuSnow

13 minutes ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Hi Steve do you mean for your normal seasonal snowfall or normal snowfall through today? What is your seasonal average there? I am up to 19.0" of snow so far this season which is only 5.1" below normal (79%) through today (24.1") but still 17" below our seasonal average snowfall for NW Chesco of 36.0"

Expectedly far N and W like yourself performing better and closer to avg. I average right around 26" where I'm at and am around 9" season to date (will tally post mortem tho looks like all fzra now) with the current system so will probably need ~17" to get to avg. It can be done but will take a HECS, 2 MECS, or a bunch of nickel and dime events. Tall order for I95 and immediate burbs.

27 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Fzra here and 30f transitioned to 29F and all sleet which now has transitioned to 29F and sleet/snow mix.

14 minutes ago, Ej257 snow lover said:

Heavier returns in allentown now. Was all sleet this morning. Now transitioned to mostly snow. 

That's what's going on up here. Varying intensity means varying p-types...

4 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Sleet and rain. Have a coating of sleet on top of my dusting. Should be rain in a hour. Got a day off out of this LOL

Hrrr and 3k NAM dont have plain rain here until early afternoon at the earliest. 

Eta: latest Hrrr doesnt fip us over at all now before getting dryslotted after dark. Then a convective rain front overnight it looks like.  Very common scenario. Fugly 

hrrr_ref_frzn_neus_9.png

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Hrrr and 3k NAM dont have plain rain here until early afternoon at the earliest. 

Eta: latest Hrrr doesnt fip us over at all now before getting dryslotted. Then a convective rain front overnight it looks like.  Very common scenario. Fugly 

Maybe I'll take the 20 min drive to see some real winter weather. We're at 31 now I don't see how we stay below all day down here.

Currently 31F and freezing rain here, slept through the changeover so to speak. Did pick up an additional 0.2" after my last measurement at 2 am, which makes the storm total 3.9". Seasonal total is now 14.7", slowly inching towards respectability. Hope everyone up north does well today! Glad I dressed up the snow pile last night (at 2 am), lol.

Snowpile_2-12-19_9am.thumb.JPG.15dd0545bd9e657e8e057d6a9e54e908.JPG

• Like 1

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Wth just dropped under 29F and ALL SNOW! It is lighter but no mixing.

Crazy I'm 26 and not a hint of a snowflake. In a bit of a lull but precip about to come in. Those further east really using the lower dews to their advantage right now.

• Like 1