Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Parts 1 and 2 Obs - 2/10-2/12 Winter Storm

KamuSnow

19 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

32 dp28 winds E@13 freezing rain 

Most stations in southwestern Berks are around 31-32 while northeastern Berks is 28-29. I'm currently at 29 and sleet/Freezing rain mix. I just went outside and trees/car windshields are finally starting to get some ice accretion. Measured 1.75" of snow/sleet accumulation.

Joining the trend. Up to 33.6 here; temps have risen steadily in the last hour after sticking within 0.2 degrees for many hours. Ice has melted off the trees in steady, cold (plain old) rain. 

Would've been nice if this had been snow. I'd like a nice 2-3 day snow holiday. Do ice and sleet also indicate French toast? I have all ingredients on hand. 

Up to a high for today of 33.1 - with this storm's 3.8" of snow we now stand at 19.8" of snow for the season. While this is only 82% of normal (24.1") through today.. it is however 0.2" more than we had through today last year....when we finished with 58.5" of snow or 21" above normal for the season. Of course we did experience the snowiest March in Chester County PA history with coop records dating back to 1894 with the 30.6" of snow that fell during the month. I still suspect we finish with an above normal snow season in the County but probably not to the level of last season.

3 hours ago, a little edgy said:

Joining the trend. Up to 33.6 here; temps have risen steadily in the last hour after sticking within 0.2 degrees for many hours. Ice has melted off the trees in steady, cold (plain old) rain. 

Would've been nice if this had been snow. I'd like a nice 2-3 day snow holiday. Do ice and sleet also indicate French toast? I have all ingredients on hand. 

Hello and welcome! This is a little late but you should have the French toast.

11 hours ago, Newman said:

Temp is still around 32 but really not sure if any of the drizzle/mist is freezing. Final combined total is 2.75". Brings the yearly total to 18.75". Just need a couple more nickel and dime events or a solid MECS to get me to normal.

Hi Newman, do you know what normal is for your area of Berks?? I would suspect that areas above 500ft asl should at least be the same as my area of NW Chester County which averages 36" of annual snowfall

5 hours ago, ChescoPaWxman said:

Hi Newman, do you know what normal is for your area of Berks?? I would suspect that areas above 500ft asl should at least be the same as my area of NW Chester County which averages 36" of annual snowfall

I typically just use Allentown as a baseline for average snowfall which is around 32". I don't know what the exact average is in my backyard.