• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Parts 1 and 2 Obs - 2/10-2/12 Winter Storm

KamuSnow

Still getting white rain with temp at 33.  Have about 1/2" slushy something from the snow/ip/rain mix that has fallen this morning on surfaces that had previously been treated before the changeover and were bare earlier.  That would bring me to 1.25" for round 2 (at post time) and with 1.5" from round 1, total for 2-day event is 2.75".

3 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Nothing but boring old rain here which can't even melt the snow.  None of it is being measured by my weather station.  Rain bucket must have an ice/slush dam.  Temp at 33.9.

OMG I was just about to post something about that too - my gauge is all jammed up so is not recording any of the rain.  The CAD is holding firm as the temps were progged to go to near or to 40 (but it's still in the low-mid '30s even at KPHL), so the slushy sleety mess is clogging it up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

OMG I was just about to post something about that too - my gauge is all jammed up so is not recording any of the rain.  The CAD is holding firm as the temps were progged to go to near or to 40, so the slushy sleety mess is clogging it up.

lol.  Thought that a bird might have clogged it up, but I checked the Weatherlink map for other stations measuring nothing and there are quite a few.  Plus, there's the fact that barely any snow has melted and we've had quite a bit of rain here.  Would hate to have to shovel anything right now.  

Current surface map shows the warm front all hung up along the Apps.  Then there is that big band of precip sitting just past Pittsburgh sucking up what looks to be tons of GOM moisture.  If that holds together, there may be some flooding when that gets here.  Not sure off hand how fast it is moving.

nws-current-surface-map-02122019.gif

holding at 30 dp28 for a few hrs now with sleet at various rates and freezing drizzle haven't measured the sleet or the snow prior to leaving for work at 4am looks like we did get maybe 2" snow, but the sleet is relentless not much icing on trees, power lines etc.  Im putting all chips in on this upcoming pattern change Lets do this   

Hi, everyone! I've been lurking for a while and thought this was as good a time as any to say hi and comment. 

Anyway, what's the deal with the dropping temperatures? Here in King of Prussia, the temperature on my deck was at 32.3 for hours but just fell to 32.1. Proximity to the house warms that by a tenth of a degree or so, confirmed by the fact that icicles are now forming on the trees, which was not happening before. This is going in the wrong direction! Where is that warm air? Mt Holly just moved the timing of the changeover to rain from ZR from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. for my location, which is pretty much nowcasting. I love the Mt Holly folks, but it does seem like they didn't expect the cold air to hold on this long. 

If the warm air doesn't get here soon, we're going to have problems with dropping temperatures after dark. Should the northern/western burbs be preparing for a massive ice storm? Power outages and all that fun stuff? 

Anyway, nice to meet you all! Thanks for all your great comments and observations that have kept me up to date on what's really going on outside for a while now.