Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Parts 1 and 2 Obs - 2/10-2/12 Winter Storm

KamuSnow

3 hours ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Did you accumulate anything during the afternoon?  Phoenixville didnt see snow until 7:45.

Also it's always cool to drive from the bottom of the hill I live on which is 150' in elevation at the bottom, to 600' at the top.  Just that 400-500 ft elevation change is noticeable as the driveways and road always accumulate up top first.  The lawns also always hold more snow despite the same northeast aspect. That 1-1 1/2 degree F average temperature difference during precipitation can be noticeable in marginal mixed events like this.

Nothing accumulated after about 830 am or so. Even though it snowed lightly after that time it warmed above freezing and the sun could be seen through the clouds. 

On the elevation topic...I remember a storm here in 2001 where we had about a foot in lionville and only  3” in downingtown. It was a very elevation dependent storm. At one point early in the morning there was a driving snow, several inches and snow covered roads on the top of the hill while a half mile away down the hill it was raining. The hills were literally snow capped.  Pretty crazy event and one of my favorites. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KamuSnow said:

Nice - looks good under the Christmas lights, lol. We have a small tree out front that we leave the lights on until the last snowfall. Saw some deer out by it earlier, lit up just a little, a nice scene with the snow :-).

We take everything else down but leave up the icicles until the first day of Spring.

Just now, JSharp said:

We take everything else down but leave up the icicles until the first day of Spring.

Why not, right?

Fwiw, the 04z HRRR upped the snowfall about an inch for us southern and eastern denizens. Radar is starting to get busy down around DC and to the west, hope it doesn't bring too much warm air with it initially.

29 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Why not, right?

Fwiw, the 04z HRRR upped the snowfall about an inch for us southern and eastern denizens. Radar is starting to get busy down around DC and to the west, hope it doesn't bring too much warm air with it initially.

When do you think we change over to sleet?

Mt Holly 12:50am update

Better forcin and isentropic lifting will arrive closer to daybreak yielding
more widespread and heavier precip generally from SW to NE. With
that said, looks like our storm total snow forecast my be a bit
too high for our far northwestern areas of the southern Poconos
and NW NJ. Will reassess and make adjustments as needed with
the next forecast update.

I don't know what's up with the radar this year, but it's still snowing (albeit, very lightly) here in central Chester County. Also unknown: my apartment driveway was very heavily salted earlier and easily withstood the first part of this system, but has now completely caved somehow under an additional .5" of snow at 30°F. I didn't think there was that much runoff from the first part to completely wash it all away, but what do I know lol.