Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 11 -12 Winter Storm Threat

NEG NAO

12 minutes ago, New York Blizzard said:

Yeah just hate shoveling man. It’s 33 here with light rain. I think this sleet has more staying power than regular snow.

It does have much more staying power than regular snow! Much less surface area to volume makes it much more dense and harder to melt. Sleet makes a great dense ski base, but then we usually like to have some nice fluff on top!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NittanyWx said:

Should be going over freezing in the 7-8 range NYC (earlier lower Manhattan/Brooklyn), think coastal CT more like 830-9.   Interior is gonna take a while, still expecting a period of ZR Hudson Valley and north of the Merritt this evening.  We've mostly stayed sleet during the daytime hours, which is as expected.

NYC over now to rain on schedule.  ZR next couple of hours lower HV and interior CT.  Looks like immediate coastal CT (the beaches) are mostly above freezing, that freezing line now lifting northward to cover the rest of coastal areas between 95 and the Merritt over the next 30-45 minutes.

I'm up to 30 now.

31 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

NYC over now to rain on schedule.  ZR next couple of hours lower HV and interior CT.  Looks like immediate coastal CT (the beaches) are mostly above freezing, that freezing line now lifting northward to cover the rest of coastal areas between 95 and the Merritt over the next 30-45 minutes.

I'm up to 30 now.

34 here-rains moving in and winds picking up....

56 minutes ago, NittanyWx said:

I'm up to 30 now.

Been here for a few minutes already :( 

25*, wind is coming up, freezing mist and rain into 3+" of sneet. Everything is encased already, now it's gonna get locked in.

12 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

Been here for a few minutes already :( 

25*, wind is coming up, freezing mist and rain into 3+" of sneet. Everything is encased already, now it's gonna get locked in.

Yup same here. Layer of crust now accumulating. Looks like a couple of rounds of ZR for tonight. 25/24 now with a light mixture of IP and ZR. This stuff is a pain in the arse to shovel.  It's like shoveling sand.

• Sad 1