• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 11 -12 Winter Storm Threat

NEG NAO

Radar looked real good last night and was filling in nicely but I fell asleep. I guess so far things are going to plan with the precipitation holding off. This should be an interesting day ---I just watched 4 diffferent forecasts on tv and all I can say is these guys need all the luck they can get each forecast was different 

33 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

maybe one of you guys who KNOWS better and possibly you can post the radar loop or comment but again it APPEARS that a LOW might be  "trying" to form by the Outer Banks https://weather.com/weather/radar/interactive/l/USNC0479:1:US

I took a close look at things and it does not appear to be the case. The primary is so powerful it will not matter much anyway. The high is really running the show right now 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

I took a close look at things and it does not appear to be the case. The primary is so powerful it will not matter much anyway. The high is really running the show right now 

But LBS , if that Low does get its act together could the counter clockwise rotation help with Snow totals ?

Snow finally started here around 7:30 am at 30F and we have a nice little dusting on the ground now. Hoping we at least get 1" of snow before the transition to hours of sleet and that we can at least get 1" of sleet on top of that (for at least 0.4" LE as frozen),  as that low level cold air is going to take awhile to dislodge to convert the sleet to rain. The latest HRRR shows snow changing to sleet by 10-11 am for the Edison area and sleet continuing until about 4 pm here, so we should have a ways to go with wintry precip.

12 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Snow finally started here around 7:30 am at 30F and we have a nice little dusting on the ground now. Hoping we at least get 1" of snow before the transition to hours of sleet and that we can at least get 1" of sleet on top of that (for at least 0.4" LE as frozen),  as that low level cold air is going to take awhile to dislodge to convert the sleet to rain. The latest HRRR shows snow changing to sleet by 10-11 am for the Edison area and sleet continuing until about 4 pm here, so we should have a ways to go with wintry precip.

Raining in Princeton already.

10 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

Now snowing moderately and easily sticking; heavy dusting now, lol.  

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic