• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 11 -12 Winter Storm Threat

NEG NAO

0Z NAM is the first piece of good news I've seen since the 12Z NAM, given the models trending badly today, for the most part - 0Z NAM bumps frozen LE back up for most of CNJ/NNJ/NYC vs. 18Z.  Still almost all the frozen is sleet, as per the PW map, below, showing <1" snow, as the NAM has been showing for many runs, but more frozen is better than less.  I've been peering over the edge based on the crappy 18Z runs today - hopefully things are looking back up.  We'll see. 

namconus_asnow_neus_16.png

namconus_asnow_neus_18.png

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

• Like 1

Just now, RU848789 said:

0Z NAM is the first piece of good news I've seen since the 12Z NAM, given the models trending badly today, for the most part - 0Z NAM bumps frozen LE back up for most of CNJ/NNJ/NYC vs. 18Z.  Still almost all the frozen is sleet, as per the PW map, below, showing <1" snow, as the NAM has been showing for many runs, but more frozen is better than less.  I've been peering over the edge based on the crappy 18Z runs today - hopefully things are looking back up.  We'll see. 

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Yea I doubt theres no snow all the way up to the Mid HV with this. NAM def has an interesting solution all around with the no snow and extended sleet.  

2 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

sn10_acc.us_ne.png

Have a real hard time believing this snow map. 1 inch by me in mid hudson valley and only 4 in Albany. Seriously doubt it, and nam is only one that shows this. 

Just now, HVSnowLover said:

Yea I doubt theres no snow all the way up to the Mid HV with this. NAM def has an interesting solution all around with the no snow and extended sleet.  

Yeah, I don't care much about the snow depiction, which could be wrong - I was concerned that the NAM went from 90% LE as sleet to 50% LE as sleet with the rest rain from 12Z to 18Z, while the RGEM, GFS and others were also showing more rain and less frozen, so I was ecstatic to see the 0Z NAM go back to 80-90% of the total precip as frozen.  Was just looking at the direction the NAM went and I like it.  

• Like 1

Just now, HeadInTheClouds said:

Have a real hard time believing this snow map. 1 inch by me in mid hudson valley and only 4 in Albany. Seriously doubt it, and nam is only one that shows this. 

Yeah, and ironically has the most frozen precip down here at the same time. Its almost an impossibility that western MA gets no snow.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RU848789 said:

Yeah, I don't care much about the snow depiction, which could be wrong - I was concerned that the NAM went from 90% LE as sleet to 50% LE as sleet with the rest rain from 12Z to 18Z, while the RGEM, GFS and others were also showing more rain and less frozen, so I was ecstatic to see the 0Z NAM go back to 80-90% of the total precip as frozen.  Was just looking at the direction the NAM went and I like it.  

Yeah, I just think nam is wrong on this one with such a quick changeover to sleet. I will give it it's due if it turns out to be correct but it's more likely it's not. 

15 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

0Z RGEM a pretty big improvement over previous runs if you want front end snow

• Like 1

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic