Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Re-Awakening - February 12-14th Redeveloper

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Does this have a better chance of staying snow in SNE?

Yeah I think so....though there's still a very good chance we taint. I think the front end thump looks stronger in this one. It has more going for it dynamically than Jan 19-20th.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Stayed all snow with the last storm, so I'm happy if this is similar.

I was referring to Jan 19-20....the sleet bomb a few weeks ago.

The storm you are talking about was much weaker than this one in terms of dynamics and snow potential.

9 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Stayed mostly snow with that one also. Got 4.5" of snow and 1.5" if sleet. No ZR.

Mount snow was at 15" and around 8am on the 20th it switched to sleet and they got about two inches of sleet.  Magic mountain was similar with a 15-19" before the sleet which was not very pronounced on some aspects. 

14 minutes ago, ChasingFlakes said:

Mount snow was at 15" and around 8am on the 20th it switched to sleet and they got about two inches of sleet.  Magic mountain was similar with a 15-19" before the sleet which was not very pronounced on some aspects. 

Sleet got all the way into white mountains near MWN in that storm. It was frigid at the surface though.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Sleet got all the way into white mountains near MWN in that storm. It was frigid at the surface though.

Had 2 hr IP mid-afternoon on the 20th, at 2-3° below zero.  That's the only reason we fell a bit short of the forecast 12-18, though Farmington co-op had 13.5".

12z GFS OP about doubled qpf, which I see as bogus - almost certain they'll ramp back down as the event draws near.  (Would love to be wrong, though.)   The run also seemed to be moving the late week event toward cutter, but then GFS has been doing that with almost every storm.  Active pattern with cold air around - generally nice things happen.

• Like 1