Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Re-Awakening - February 12-14th Redeveloper

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

At this point it’s time to move on to spring. I hope this wet pattern ends this month for a warm, dry Morch . Give the gypsies an early start and avoid the fungus this year .

And just like that, Kevin has melted.

Yesterday, its was 6-9" south of the Pike; today it's talk of gypsy moths.

Close the shades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

At this point it’s time to move on to spring. I hope this wet pattern ends this month for a warm, dry Morch . Give the gypsies an early start and avoid the fungus this year .

Feb rains and March showers bring April flowers and May installers?

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

And just like that, Kevin has melted.

Yesterday, its was 6-9" south of the Pike; today it's talk of gypsy moths.

Close the shades.

Not a melt. We knew once Dec was lost and Jan next that you don’t recover . I accepted that in mid Jan. At this point it’s just try and get a few decent snowfalls. And even that isn’t happening. So it’s time 

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I wonder if installation will be needed at Pit3.  It has a large number of ceiling fans.  I really don't like the idea of window units.

What have folks found the cost of installing central air to be?

If you don't have ducts already, probably a lot.

I'd consider minisplits.. I did that at my place (FHW heat so no ducts) and haven't looked back. Cost me about $8K for three rooms of top-brand inverter heatpump minisplits with extra-low-temp option.

9 minutes ago, w1pf said:

If you don't have ducts already, probably a lot.

I'd consider minisplits.. I did that at my place (FHW heat so no ducts) and haven't looked back. Cost me about $8K for three rooms of top-brand inverter heatpump minisplits with extra-low-temp option.

Thanks--we can probably move this to the home improvement thread  :)   Quick question--did a single inverter handle the three units or does each unit require it's own?  We have a single heatpump at Pit2 so that was not anything I needed to worry about.

9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Thanks--we can probably move this to the home improvement thread  :)   Quick question--did a single inverter handle the three units or does each unit require it's own?  We have a single heatpump at Pit2 so that was not anything I needed to worry about.

I did a three-head single outdoor for the upstairs bedrooms.. I also have two single-head units I put in many years ago. All Fujitsu.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Yes you are. 

There wasn't one at the time I posted.

24 minutes ago, weathafella said:

They do care about us in SE MA :clap:

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Just once it would  be nice just to get even a few inches of all snow. Instead, it’s diarrhea of the clouds from this abysmal season.  God it can’t end soon enough.

Ive been tracking rain all winter...time to buy a place in NH, and if i play the scratch tickets, Mammoth Mtn...

The last time I wanted to see a winter end as much as I do this one was 2011-2012, though this hasn't been much like 011-12 weather-wise. Minus the snow deficit here in SNE it hasn't been insanely warm this winter (leaving the cutters aside) and it has gotten pretty dam cold. For me its the unrelenting brown combined with the cold and the heart attack slushstorms. If the pattern ever got us into a train of serious snowstorms I'd have a rapid change of heart. But as it is, I'm looking forward to the fantasy of a mild and dry spring. 

Not looking forward to trying to move the cement on my walks and on the street. Shoveling water sopped snow at 63 is a lot less fun than it was when I was younger. Any how, que sera sera, or something like that.