Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Re-Awakening - February 12-14th Redeveloper

Baroclinic Zone

BOX going long for the Pit on the front end:

Tuesday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 27. East wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow and sleet before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet between 1am and 2am, then snow and sleet after 2am. Low around 22. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Wednesday
Snow likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday Night
A chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

1 minute ago, moneypitmike said:

BOX going long for the Pit on the front end:

Tuesday
Snow, mainly after 11am. High near 27. East wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 5 to 9 inches possible.
Tuesday Night
Snow and sleet before 1am, then freezing rain and sleet between 1am and 2am, then snow and sleet after 2am. Low around 22. East wind 8 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
Wednesday
Snow likely, mainly before 8am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 37. East wind 5 to 10 mph becoming west in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday Night
A chance of snow before 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 22. West wind around 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Seems more than reasonable.  

The GFS parallel run was so intense with the front wall  ( and slightly colder at that ...) it looks like 8" solid over much of the region then sleet and ZR to .25" accretion ends as 33 drizzle.  That would be major impact event considering the crank up time is about 2pm on a weekday ...  In that evolution, places going from virga and flurries to sub 1/4 mi vis blindness inside of a half hour... 

It also did some weird funky way correction south with the latter event next weekend, ... crucially in that solution, no lead side polar surface ridging ... ...  Not saying I put much stock in that solution but, sufficed it is to say, there's time to modulate that bad boy.  I know I know - f' off.  No one's biting.. .But I chose objectivity -

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The GFS parallel run was so intense with the front wall  ( and slightly colder at that ...) it looks like 8" solid over much of the region then sleet and ZR to .25" accretion ends as 33 drizzle.  That would be major impact event considering the crank up time is about 2pm on a weekday ...  In that evolution, places going from virga and flurries to sub 1/4 mi vis blindness inside of a half hour... 

It also did some weird funky way correction south with the latter event next weekend, ... crucially in that solution, no lead side polar surface ridging ... ...  Not saying I put much stock in that solution but, sufficed it is to say, there's time to modulate that bad boy.  I know I know - f' off.  No one's biting.. .But I chose objectivity -

Lean colder on that Friday system 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't think they'll be the cstl gradient of snow like that advertises. Just my guess...probably more latitudinal.

You took the words right out of my mouth on that one.  That has been bothering me all day and the Euro has shown the same idea.  The last time I recall seeing models depict this was February 2008 and it massively busted.  They didn’t have the snow shield advancing probably overdoing subsidence or dry air from the departing high 

7 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

You took the words right out of my mouth on that one.  That has been bothering me all day and the Euro has shown the same idea.  The last time I recall seeing models depict this was February 2008 and it massively busted.  They didn’t have the snow shield advancing probably overdoing subsidence or dry air from the departing high 

I mean I suppose if the parent low wraps up and the secondary plows into SNE perhaps. But if this moves across the canal area...I think it will be more latitudinal.

You know at this point I can accept a ratter of a winter...but what infuriates me is watching this little Sunday night system morph into a 2-5” deal for Philly/SNJ while the Tuesday event trends toward a sleet to rain scenario here along the shoreline. NYC and S CT/SE MA is just getting boned in every possible way.

• Like 1