Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Re-Awakening - February 12-14th Redeveloper

Baroclinic Zone

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya I agree...thinking the amounts would be more through the central regions of CT, SEMA, and RI  imo.  But??? 

It just looks weird which is what happens when you start getting funny warm layers. Are parts of coastal SE MA getting more than areas near Andover. :lol:  The idea to take away is not the amounts (this will not be 12” in SNE) but a good thump. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It just looks weird which is what happens when you start getting funny warm layers. Are parts of coastal SE MA getting more than areas near Andover. :lol:  The idea to take away is not the amounts (this will not be 12” in SNE) but a good thump. 

Yeah I guess on a more micro side near BOS it's odd... but the overall look fits.  Parent ULL west brings big snows to upstate NY and southern Canada, while the secondary low puts another stripe down in coastal NNE.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Not that literally anyone cares, but good to see the Adirondacks having a great winter too.  They've been smoked in a few synoptic storms after years of not even smoking cirrus.

Yeah I was up in old forge during the January 20th storm and it was a straight powder keg up there, I think they got 17 inches. 

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Ray agrees.

He was the first person I thought of ha.  

Snow starved region for a while up there.  Been a long time since northern NY has had so many decent synoptic storms.  Probably like 2007-08.  At least here we can live on upslope if missing storms and still make due...but over there it's nothing outside of the lake belt.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

He was the first person I thought of ha.  

Snow starved region for a while up there.  Been a long time since northern NY has had so many decent synoptic storms.  Probably like 2007-08.  At least here we can live on upslope if missing storms and still make due...but over there it's nothing outside of the lake belt.

Its cool...get it out of the way. We knew one of these was coming.