Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Winter Storm - February 11-13, 2019

AppsRunner

20 minutes ago, Maneee said:

Yeah really starting to wonder if we will get a large snowfall, the good news is if we don’t it won’t be for a lack of good systems. Strong winds on the backside will be fun either way. 

never been a big wind guy myself.....:lol:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Regarding the ice potential, would note a couple things.  One, the warm nose aloft generally looks a bit less blowtorchy warm than the last system.  Two, while precip rates should be decent, the really high end rates/thunderstorms look less likely.  Both of those factors would suggest a lower percentage of runoff.

Just put under a flood watch here again from Sun. night till Tues. morning.  My point forecast for the time period totals 1.5 inches of total precip, supposed to come as a mixture of snow, then freezing rain, and then rain.  I think the more significant ice potential will be north of me in north central IN and possibly southern parts of Chicago county warning area.

18 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

So do we ignore the 00Z nam or what.  Seem's like a game changer to me.  At least as far as the hi-res american models go.  

Not ignore, especially since this is not out at 84 hours anymore. 

The NAM is kinda like watching election results start to come in.  The early returns (in this case the NAM) can sometimes be deceiving.

• Like 1