Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

One of the best masters I’ve seen. Molinari shockingly is choking and so many guys have a legit chance. Wouldn’t surprise if it goes to a multiple player playoff. 

This was riveting golf. The 12th seems to make or break so many in the last few years. So glad to see Tiger back on top. 

On 4/14/2019 at 2:33 PM, mreaves said:

I’ve never been a Tiger fanboy but I’ve always felt golf is more interesting when he’s in the mix. What a win. There are tons of people who don’t like him and he has given them reason to but this was really satisfying to see. I remember watching Nicklaus win in 86 but this was bigger. 

I mean his personal life may have been a mess, but that doesn't mean we can't be awed by his talent. It was very cool watching him win this tourney again. I mean Jack was 46 when he won, Tiger is 43 and needed to fuse part of his spine together to compete again. It's AT LEAST as impressive as Jack if not more. 

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Chomping at the bit for the courses and dry out a bit to get out for 18 soon.

We are finally starting to melt out.  Our tentative target date to open is the 28th.  The first picture is of our first fairway.  The second is the par 3 4th hole.  I haven't seen our upper fairways but the superintendent reports over a foot in places still.  

IMG_1033.jpg

57713983712__1EB699A6-29EA-445E-8AC1-A0543BEFF1B5.JPG

So I get to the office yesterday morning and the internet is out.  Annoyingly, we're pretty dead in the water without internet.  So I caught the 2:15 train out of the city and back to southern New Hampshire.  It's 330 pm on a 50F and semi-misting day, so I figure there will be no one at the course and I'll get in my first 18 of the year.  

I show up and the parking lot is jammed. Turns out leagues have started.  Luckily, there are two 18s and one of the 9s was open.  I was by myself with no one in front of me or behind me by at least 3 holes.  I played 3 or 4 balls on each hole. So 9 turned into 27-36.  Played those 9 in 2 hours and got home in time for the wife.  Was a good late afternoon.

• Like 2

For those interested in getting a GHIN but not wanting to be a club member, you can do it through Swansea CC. There may be other clubs that do the same but I haven’t found any around here. You can do it all online. They offer RIGA or MAss golf. Even though I live in RI I got the MGA because it was cheaper and I just wanted a GHIN so I could play in tournaments.

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

Our league starts this week, weather looks dicey but theres always a week at the beginning that's miserable.

Ours starts a week from Monday, but the course was also supposed to open yesterday and I don't think that happened. Would make it a late opening this year, but only by a few days.

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Well the local GYX course had its first scramble last night. It is damp.

It's not just soggy, but water is still actively draining through the fairways in places. 

This is where our course shines.  We drain so well over 90% of the course that we very few water issues and never close the course to carts.  Now, if the temp would get over 45° and the wind would die down, I would get out and play!

• Like 1

Green Mountain National (great course)

" WOW! We're just 2 days away from opening up for the 2019 golf season! So dust off those golf clubs and put a peg in the ground because you're next on the tee. Call or Text "BOOK" to (802) 500-1157 to get your tee time. We can't wait to see you on the 1st tee "

Get out there before the season is over :)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

This Saturday folks...yesss. Likely I tee it up for the first time this season. Just need to ensure the wife is in fact going to visit relatives WITH the kids....and it’s on. 

I played 9 Saturday, 3 or 4 holes Sunday and 9 Monday after work.

38 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

At the Doctors office the other day I picked up the Golf magazine and read it through the the appointment, the nurse asked me how golf season was going.  I replied with "It isn't."  I've been out twice this year. This weather has not been kind to getting rounds in. 

It’s been very tough weather wise. But I was shocked how dry the course was this past Saturday. Greens were spongey and soft but I was expecting to plunk a couple shots in fairways and see water filled bunkers....which was not the case. Has to be course dependent on how well it can drain. 

Think PGA  is over, don’t see brooks falling apart, someone will have to go low to challenge him.

been playing weekly though have had to move our league day around to get it in and avoid the rain. Hopefully we’ve turned the corner.