Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
2019 Golf Thread

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

6 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Sent my clubs into the shop this past weekend. Getting them shortened by 3/4". They had an extra 2" in them, but last year I changed set up to have a more athletic swing and I started hitting things heavy.  So shortening to account for that.

I’ve been leaning forward too much the past couple seasons. It was causing me to lose my spine angle on my downswing. I’ve since made an effort to do a Kutcher-like motion to fall back on my heels some. Big difference but I wonder if I need to be fitted for new clubs or have my current set adjusted.

Keep us posted how the shorter sticks play.

On 4/2/2019 at 5:00 PM, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve been leaning forward too much the past couple seasons. It was causing me to lose my spine angle on my downswing. I’ve since made an effort to do a Kutcher-like motion to fall back on my heels some. Big difference but I wonder if I need to be fitted for new clubs or have my current set adjusted.

Keep us posted how the shorter sticks play.

My biggest issue is posture I think. I get lazy and slouch over. Currently I'm athletic enough to get through the ball with a crap turn, but that's usually a handsy swing and hook. When I stand tall and swing to a good finish I get my baby draw back. 

But all those years fearing a slice and now I LOATHE a hook. 

23 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Cannot believe this thread has languished with the Masters going on. Of course, it was so nice here today that I didn’t spend enough time indoors watching it. What a packed leaderboard. Tomorrow should be a blast to watch. 

Going to be a stiff breeze tomorrow too. MAV and MET are around 15 knots (MAV a little higher) which would be good for gusts into the 30 mph range. 

I like the final score to not be much lower than it is today, maybe -15.

I’ve never been a Tiger fanboy but I’ve always felt golf is more interesting when he’s in the mix. What a win. There are tons of people who don’t like him and he has given them reason to but this was really satisfying to see. I remember watching Nicklaus win in 86 but this was bigger. 

• Like 1